More resale

Guest manc1

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha it just gets better, I used my card for the first 4 and then, thinking it had gone through and so my card couldn't be used again, I used one of the children's friend's mother's card as agreed in the resale. However she hadn't understood that I would keep it incase something like today's resale came up and, when the bank rang her to confirm the payment she said it was nothing to do with her.

Now the bank are investigating this "fraud" so a ball of hassle getting that one sorted out. At least it probably means the two tickets which can't be used will be cancelled so they won't have to pay for them.

I don't think I'm supposed to go this year

you couldn't make it up if you tried

Wait, did you get one when you posted this?? Or did you get it early and just post later?

I'm really hoping people are right and there's a chance that more tickets will be released "during the course of the week." We've been trying desperately to get tickets from the U.S, staying up until all hours of the night refreshing pages and checking forums. We were crushed to find out that the resale happened during the few hours that we finally got some sleep.

No idea, the more I think about it, the more I can argue it either way.

I was also up with punkrawkjoe (or just Joe..) trying to get tickets from the US. We've called SeeTickets most days since our failure in the resale..international buying and the costs associated are a pain in the arse. The other annoying thing about that is that we got pretty much completely different info from everyone we dealt with at SeeTickets, which was the reason we kept calling. If we just had "there aren't any more, stop calling us" we would have done just that, but there were several moments of hope that didn't work out. And the lack of sleep last night only to miss it in the few hours sleep we did manage to get is gutting. Work is certainly tough today!

We'll keep checking the link this week just in case, but realistically we're asleep from 8am-4pm UK time, so it's really of very little use.

Sorry to complain, I'm really happy for those that do have tickets and managed to get tickets today..I'm just very envious too :-)

No idea, the more I think about it, the more I can argue it either way.

I was also up with punkrawkjoe (or just Joe..) trying to get tickets from the US. We've called SeeTickets most days since our failure in the resale..international buying and the costs associated are a pain in the arse. The other annoying thing about that is that we got pretty much completely different info from everyone we dealt with at SeeTickets, which was the reason we kept calling. If we just had "there aren't any more, stop calling us" we would have done just that, but there were several moments of hope that didn't work out. And the lack of sleep last night only to miss it in the few hours sleep we did manage to get is gutting. Work is certainly tough today!

We'll keep checking the link this week just in case, but realistically we're asleep from 8am-4pm UK time, so it's really of very little use.

Sorry to complain, I'm really happy for those that do have tickets and managed to get tickets today..I'm just very envious too :-)

Twitter is your friend, I tweeted about this the minute I saw it, sent PM's to 2 people I knew were after tickets. There was a window of about 35 minutes, my 1st Tweet was 1.24pm and they had gone by 2.03pm.

One of them was lucky as they saw the message straight away. Twitter PM's can alert your mobile/cell phone :)

Thanks folks!

I did have some friends in the UK trying to keep an eye out for me, but that didn't work out either. IF (and that is a gargantuan IF) you hear of any other ghost sales, or whatever we're calling them, a tweet would always be appreciated (at)mandacurrell. I've been sleeping with my phone on as loud as possible in case of any alerts that came up. I'm slooowly letting my summer plans go, but uuuugh, what a nightmare!

Any suggestions for other holiday destinations? Haha

Keep a window open on the glasto page of See all the time your PC's on and use Check4change. I did that one year and they accidently opened the site during some training and we got tickets.

Doubt they will make that mistake again but I know of a couple of people who still aren’t sure whether they can go and are holding on until the last return date and there's bound to be more like that.

I saw only London and then Cambridge. Tried for both and got as far as putting all my card details in only to be told I'd taken too long putting details in. So then I worked my way through the whole let but they'd all gone. My boss was hovering. I wanted to scream but it wouldn't have looked good in the middle of the ward. I'm off all day tomorrow but I don't think there's much point in stating by the computer do you?

sorry about the hysterics yesterday, I was in a bit of a state when I realised I hadn't bought tickets. I was furious with myself and upset and the state of my arm wasn't helping.

However turning this into the "storm's woes" thread was out of order.

I've calmed down now and accepted I must have made a mistake by not pressing the final button or clicking a box or something.

So firstly sorry if I annoyed anyone yesterday with my stream of conscious outpourings and secondly well done to all you people who got lucky yesterday and I hope you all have the best festival ever.

Thirdly thanks for all the hugs, best wishes and advice and the alerts emailed to me etc yesterday there are some really spot on people here

A few years ago i managed to get tickets on the resale and it was sround dinnertime and it seems that this is the best time again this year, i am trying to get tickets for a friend but no luck so far, ive been fixed to the pc at work and when i went for dinner yesterday it appears they went on sale!! damn and blast.....

Im pretty sure there will be one more resale on the sly. Glastonbury will want to sell every available ticket and Yesterday only coach packages were available, surely the amount of returned tickets didn't fit exactly with the amount of coach tickets remaining. They obviously sold the coach packages first to ensure they were all full then im sure some point this week they will sell the remainder of the standalone tickets.

Im pretty sure there will be one more resale on the sly. Glastonbury will want to sell every available ticket and Yesterday only coach packages were available, surely the amount of returned tickets didn't fit exactly with the amount of coach tickets remaining. They obviously sold the coach packages first to ensure they were all full then im sure some point this week they will sell the remainder of the standalone tickets.