More resale

Guest manc1

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think there will ever be a way to sell tickets to suit everyone i know i was gutted one year to miss out on the first sale day but thankfully was lucky on re sale but as long as there are forums like this that help people and ring thier mates etc when they are on sale then at least most of the die hard fans get a ticket eventualy but it is always going to be that some people miss out, one year i gave my bank details to someone on the glastonbury forum and she got them for me i had to trust her but she came through and all was well and ive since done that with the same person 2 more times, i think you get to know if someone is trustworthy and sometimes its the only way if you are unable to stay on a pc for re sales because of work etc.

It looks like I'm the only person who thinks an official part of GF giving the unofficial line is strange then. No matter I'll drop it, unless it does eventually affect the licence and then I'll have plenty to say.

Regarding the secret resales being unfair my story.

We started in early Sept finding out who was going, making sure everyone had registered, knew costs/ dates etc. Late Sept we shared reg numbers etc. Sale day up at 7.30am, trawling efestivals, links to go, details ready to copy and paste etc. 4 computers of different types/operating systems going, 2 or 3 phones, sat for hours pressing F5 with one person getting to the first booking page.

Checked after the sale how people got tickets, read every tip thread etc.

The next couple of weeks trawling TOS, efestivals to finding out when the resale was.

Buying a new computer because my old one was so slow and I thought it might help. (tbf I needed a new one but didn't really have the money to buy one and probably would have left it for a while)

early April rechecking who was going, amending booking order on each person's sheet, getting new people registered etc.

Middle of april shared reg numbers etc.

21st April up at 7am, on efestivals looking for links, pages open ready to go, same amount of computers and phones. One person got to the second page. PMing people here with details, even posting them online. Trying any and every departure and day.

When they sold out, back onto efestivals trawling again for any info on if that was it. Reading everything and copying any link given for sales.

Finding page alert websites and adding every single link. Using 3 different page alert websites to maximise notifications. Asking people here to PM/email me if they got an alert (thanks again stonecircle)

Going onto FB and twitter for the first time ever to make sure I didn't miss anything and trawling for info

Computer on 24/7, checking here, TOS, FB, Twitter, from 7am until 2am at night every single day.

checking email within seconds of it signalling a new email incase it was an alert.

Following at least 5 false alerts a day.

Finding more links and putting them on alert.

having links to the still open booking pages even though the second page just went to sold out but still putting in details at least 3 times a day.

Spending a whole bank holiday weekend not more than 2 metres from the computer, trying links, details etc eventhough this was still before the actual week it was announced the tickets would be sold.

borrowing a laptop so son could do his exam work and not clog up my computer or have me throwing him off every few minutes to check emails etc

getting alerts and texts on the Tues, thinking I'd bought tickets when I hadn't.

being devasted and sick to the stomach all day Tues and up all night still clicking in case.

getting alerts and texts on the Wed, getting in and finally getting my tickets.

So yes you could say I got lucky but man did I make that luck through perseverance and basically by checking out of life from 21st April until 8th may.

Is it really unfair that I got tickets over someone else? I'm not into the view that certain people deserve to go more than others (vets or newbies, young or old) but as far as being online when the tickets went on sale I feel I did enough to deserve to get them.

I am no stranger to the resales, we've been there before but this year was the first year we still didn't get through usually the resale is still hard but easier than the original sale. However this year they announced the Stones before the resale and I think there were a proportion of people who didn't want to go, have never wanted to go but saw it as a cheap (or similar price to Hyde park) Rolling Stones ticket and they made the resale as difficult as the original sale.

I'm not saying those people don't deserve to go or shouldn't be allowed to try but at least this way those of us who knew we were going after Glastonbury 2011 and were prepared to sacrifice a lot and put in the effort had a leveller playing field I feel.

Oh and I run my own business but took 2 weeks off and paid someone else to work for me so I could keep clicking. I also have 2 children (not young though). I only went to the toilet, outside if someone was around to click and listen out for emails

Having said all that daveinafield and any other ticketless people I feel for you, it must be horrible to be where you are and I really hope you get lucky. There have been reports in the past of a few tickets appearing in dribs and drabs between now and the festival so get those pages monitored, ask friends to keep an eye and fingers crossed it might still happen

Edited by storm

It looks like I'm the only person who thinks an official part of GF giving the unofficial line is strange then. No matter I'll drop it, unless it does eventually affect the licence and then I'll have plenty to say.

We started in early Sept finding out who was going, making sure everyone had registered, knew costs/ dates etc. Late Sept we shared reg numbers etc. Sale day up at 7.30am, trawling efestivals, links to go, details ready to copy and paste etc. 4 computers of different types/operating systems going, 2 or 3 phones, sat for hours pressing F5 with one person getting to the first booking page.

The next couple of weeks trawling TOS, efestivals to finding out when the resale was.

Buying a new computer because my old one was so slow and I thought it might help. (tbf I needed a new one but didn't really have the money to buy one and probably would have left it for a while)

early April rechecking who was going, amending booking order on each person's sheet, getting new people registered etc.

21st April up at 7am, on efestivals looking for links, pages open ready to go, same amount of computers and phones. One person got to the second page. PMing people here with details, even posting them online. Trying any and every departure and day.

When they sold out, back onto efestivals trawling again for any info on if that was it. Reading everything and copying any link given for sales.

Finding page alert websites and adding every single link. Using 3 different page alert websites to maximise notifications. Asking people here to PM/email me if they got an alert (thanks again stonecircle)

Going onto FB and twitter for the first time ever to make sure I didn't miss anything and trawling for info

Computer on 24/7, checking here, TOS, FB, Twitter, from 7am until 2am at night every single day.

checking email within seconds of it signalling a new email incase it was an alert.

having links to the still open booking pages even though the second page just went to sold out but still putting in details at least 3 times a day.

Spending a whole bank holiday weekend not more than 2 metres from the computer, trying links, details etc eventhough this was still before the actual week it was announced the tickets would be sold.

borrowing a laptop so son could do his exam work and not clog up my computer or have me throwing him off every few minutes to check emails etc

getting alerts and texts on the Tues, thinking I'd bought tickets when I hadn't.

being devasted and sick to the stomach all day Tues and up all night still clicking in case.

So yes you could say I got lucky but man did I make that luck through perseverance and basically by checking out of life from 21st April until 8th may.

Is it really unfair that I got tickets over someone else? I'm not into the view that certain people deserve to go more than others (vets or newbies, young or old) but as far as being online when the tickets went on sale I feel I did enough to deserve to get them.

I am no stranger to the resales, we've been there before but this year was the first year we still didn't get through usually the resale is still hard but easier than the original sale. However this year they announced the Stones before the resale and I think there were a proportion of people who didn't want to go, have never wanted to go but saw it as a cheap (or similar price to Hyde park) Rolling Stones ticket and they made the resale as difficult as the original sale.

I'm not saying those people don't deserve to go or shouldn't be allowed to try but at least this way those of us who knew we were going after Glastonbury 2011 and were prepared to sacrifice a lot and put in the effort had a leveller playing field I feel.

Oh and I run my own business but took 2 weeks off and paid someone else to work for me so I could keep clicking. I also have 2 children (not young though). I only went to the toilet, outside if someone was around to click and listen out for emails

Having said all that daveinafield and any other ticketless people I feel for you, it must be horrible to be where you are and I really hope you get lucky. There have been reports in the past of a few tickets appearing in dribs and drabs between now and the festival so get those pages monitored, ask friends to keep an eye and fingers crossed it might still happen

• 2 weeks later...

Effort isn't the word! 8 of us tried so hard in the original sale and the resale. For the first time in ten years I really thought I wasn't going. It was so stressful. The highs and lws I thought I was having a breakdown. The weird thing was that, in the end, it was pure look. I was on a random day off in the week. I'd given up when something made me look on the site and an old link. It put me straight through and I got our tickets with the coach, I even had time to ring people to tell them . It was pure fluke.

It seams that on the re sales this year it was mostly coach packages where as previous years it has been just the tickets! or am i imagining it, but i do like these sporadic sales it just helps everyone and is so much better than announced re sales.

• 4 months later...

Just read this thread - I had no idea all this was going on last year really! But then I didn't need to :(

It does raise my hopes somewhat that I might be lucky in the end. Really hope I do it in the main resale though as not sure my nerves could handle it in mid-May.

Your story in particular Storm was very inspiring!

Just read this thread - I had no idea all this was going on last year really! But then I didn't need to :(

It does raise my hopes somewhat that I might be lucky in the end. Really hope I do it in the main resale though as not sure my nerves could handle it in mid-May.

Your story in particular Storm was very inspiring!

Thanks I'm not sure how it means I ruin the festival as per the earlier post but I guess it's just the usual troll comment from some eejit so I'll just ignore it.

I was surprised to see this thread back up as there are so many more recent threads on the resale but it's probably a good idea for giving info to those such as yourself who were lucky enough to be able to miss it all last year.

From my memory most efesters without tickets got them in the resale, there were only a few of us who were still trying in May so I'm sure you'll be sorted at resale time.