BBC Radio 1 - One Big Weekend, Derry/Londonderry 2013

Guest UEF

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah was fun havig it in Hackney last year. Very weird "commuting" on the tube to a festival each day! Some bloody good turns for £5! Shame this one is gonna cost me more than Glasto to attend.

Still I've always wanted a reason to visit NI, so this would seem to be it and I'll get a little culture in too.

Edited by UEF

I'd say all the smaller and newer bands/acts that get a fair amount of R1 airplay will likely play

e.g haim, peace, the 1975, iggy azelea (however u spell it)

As far as headliners go pretty hard to guess, Taylor Swift/Lady Gaga, then maybe a more alternative rapper or band....?

I live in Northern Ireland and my friend was lucky enough to get us tickets so we r majorly excited to hear who's gonna be there! Normally Northern Ireland don't get big names but I suppose since MTV Europe music awards came, big names aren't as picky bout comin here!!! PLEASE Let there be as many big names as hackney!!!! Pleeeeaaaasee!!!!

Can't see Beyonce playing. She's not performing that day but it would mean her, her band, her crew and her equipment flying over from Poland for one gig and then back to Denmark for the following day. Would mean she'd be performing for eight days continuously without a break.

Could maybe see Alicia Keys play the Sunday? She's touring in the UK anyway and has a show on the Saturday and then a few days off so that could be possible.

The Vaccines are playing a festival in Newcastle on the Sunday so they could be possibilities for the Saturday? (given that the Friday is all 1Xtra RnB music I gather?)

Paloma Faith is doing the same festival in Newcastle so she could be a possibility too.

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are doing a show in London on the Monday so I'd expect to see them play.

A$AP Rocky is on tour in the UK at the time so it wouldn't surprise me if he was announced.

Edited by Stuart1000

could see Timberlake headlining, Mirrors seems to be getting a lot of airplay at the moment...

just gotta be looking at acts that are getting a lot of airplay at the moment really.. Disclosure, Sander Van Doorn (Grimmy plays his song a lot..), Calvin Harris etc.

Another reason I don't think the exclusivity matters is that it's not as if it will affect ticket sales. Up until last year, tickets were done by ballot. The festival will 'sell out' as such regardless of who is playing. As was seen this year when tickets went on sale before the line-up was even announced.