Is it worth travelling from the other side of the world for Glastonbury?

Guest HGavin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tough one. It is definitely up there with some of the best festivals in the world, but some people on these boards are a little a bit obsessive. If I had 3 grand to spend on a trip to the other side of the world I probably wouldn't go to a festival, even if it was as good as glasto, I'd want to go trekking in the Himalayas, road trip across the states, sail somewhere, float down the amazon, that kind of thing. But then I have done glasto loads of times so maybe starting to get an urge to use my money on things I've never done before.The main reason I still go is because of my friends.

You'll have a blast though so yeah, if that's what you want to do you won't be disappointed,

Personally id save for another year get a work visa and have a proper trip in the uk!

Glastonbury is amazing but would i swap it for at least a year oversees? probably not

I'd leave it for this year if I were you...

Your first festival is always abit weird, and I wouldn't even imagine going to my first festival alone, wait till next year and go with some other people! I'd advise that better, also plan before hand and don't leave it till last minute :)

Glastonbury is an amazing experience, but if you come over here try and do at least 2-3 weeks, if the most expensive bit is getting over here you might as well make the most of it, explore a bit, and not feel like your rushing the festival and heading home 2 days after. If you can afford to do that and make it a once in a lifetime experience then do it. If you cant, then i'd save a bit more and do it next year.

I'm coming from Canada. Just turn it into a 3 week vacation like i'm doing! Glasto is just the icing on the cake of an other wise wonderful trip trekking around Europe. The flights to GET there are the most expensive part, so I figured I'd make it all worth my time and money and get a ton of sightseeing in.

Edited by sonichka

I'm coming from Canada. Just turn it into a 3 week vacation like i'm doing! Glasto is just the icing on the cake of an other wise wonderful trip trekking around Europe. The flights to GET there are the most expensive part, so I figured I'd make it all worth my time and money and get a ton of sightseeing in.

I'm coming from Australia, been wanting to go to Glasto for around the last 5 years and now that I'm 21 and in my last year of university, have decided that it was now or never.

I'd say just go for it mate, it'll be a magical experience, and maybe do what others are suggesting and go see some other places in England/Europe while you are over there. Me and my mates have turned it into a 4 week holiday and we are beyond excited.