Weather

Guest Mr Andre

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the high to the south west pulling away a bit this week after building, or so the beeb forecast showed at 1.27pm today, there is a risk of a low swooping over the UK during the weekend, from the north west. as the beeb said, there is uncertainty for the UK [not specifically for Glastonbury] about the weekend. well, that is the situation at this stage. however, TWO aint entertaining that, today:

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/forecast/7day/glastonbury

if a low does arrive it may affect the north and north east more than the south west, which will be closer to the slipped high.

Anyway it is pretty obvious you've a better tolerance for heat than me and that's kinda the point all us "no 2010 again please people" are on about. We're all too used to 15c being t-shirt weather. Add ten degrees to that and it might as well be the Sahara for us. Going to try silver up my tent this year and hope that gives me somewhere to sit out the worst of the sun. Otherwise that Greenpeace arctic sphere thing I heard about sounds like it might be the place to be for me.

Wednesday morning chucked it down just as people were coming in and setting up.

And Friday night was some of the worst rain I've seen at the festival. Started drizzling in the early evening and got worse, relentlessly, for the following 5-6 hours.

Setting up tents in this is no fun. The sort of rain where you have to shout at the person beside you because you can't hear each other due to the noise of the rain hitting your head!

"THROW US A TENT PEG"

"WHAT?!"

"THROW ME OVER A TENT PEG"

"ITS A QUARTER TO TWELVE"

_53622230_glastonbury.jpg

I'm lucky enough this year to have had a couple of weekends away in the last two months so was focusing on them. Couple that with the fact I didn't get a ticket until literally the last 30 seconds of the resale meant I never really thought I was going so my pre Glasto excitement has only hit home in the last few days.

And its an intense one.

I'm insanely excited.

I'm lucky enough this year to have had a couple of weekends away in the last two months so was focusing on them. Couple that with the fact I didn't get a ticket until literally the last 30 seconds of the resale meant I never really thought I was going so my pre Glasto excitement has only hit home in the last few days.

And its an intense one.

I'm insanely excited.

Edited by majormajormajor

Don't forget that clear skies at night also mean bloody freezing at 3am!!! 2003 was great weather but really cold at night once sun gone in. Don't forget something warm to wear for late night wanders!!! Temps look like getting down to 10c overnight - chilly!

with the high to the south west pulling away a bit this week after building, or so the beeb forecast showed at 1.27pm today, there is a risk of a low swooping over the UK during the weekend, from the north west. as the beeb said, there is uncertainty for the UK [not specifically for Glastonbury] about the weekend. well, that is the situation at this stage. however, TWO aint entertaining that, today:

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/forecast/7day/glastonbury

if a low does arrive it may affect the north and north east more than the south west, which will be closer to the slipped high.

The idea of spending an entire festival in 19 to 20 degree and it being cloudy is fine by me. Humid, close, but better than sunshine any day of the week. I fucking hate sun. Bestival last year for me was a nightmare because of it. Dust being kicked up, heat exhaustion, lobster skin... no thanks.

I'm not taking any wellies. I'm taking some old work boots. Have lasted me since I was 19 and never let me down - waterproof, warm, durable, comfortable... get these bad boys stuck in mud and I'm taking half of Glastonbury with me. Get stuck in wellies, well, you're going to be eaten by the mud monster aren't you?