Pukkelpop 2013

Guest benrothwell

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some possible options to your Genk travel dilemma:

1) Hire bikes in Genk and cycle. Not sure though if you'll get them on the train for free on the way in, which would obvs mean you'd have to either pay or cycle there and back each day. Do you know what the distance is? Looks about 6-8 miles on google maps but that's a guestimate on my part. Definitely doable under normal circumstances but if, like most of us, you want to get smashed then the way home could be a chore. Does give you the freedom to leave whenever you want though.

2) Find some taxi firms in Genk and sort out a deal for all three days to get you home. Think when I asked my friend a couple of years back it was 25-30 euros per journey so maybe email them and see what price they will do if you book in advance.

3) Post on the Facebook page asking if anyone will give you a lift back. Probably best to offer some money but you might be lucky enough to find someone who will give you a ride for nothing.

Not too sure what else to suggest aside fro that but hope you get it sorted.

In exactly two weeks time I'll be onsite enjoying the pre-party! I'm now on holiday until after PP and, while I don't want to wish the time away, I just want to be there now!!

To help pass the time, I'm currently enjoying a few beers whilst listening to the Ms Mr album and checking my daily schedule :O)

Thanks for the advice. At the moment, taxi seems like the better option to me. Considering that my group is 3 people (also possibly together with truly_mangled, why not?), 30 EUR per ride sounds reasonable.

Anyway here's the bands what I'll attempt to catch

hawk eyes

parquet courts

bombino

deftones

kate boy

badbadnotgood

nine inch nails

eminem

godspeed you! black emperor

brns

the courteeners

the black heart rebellion

chvrches

raketkanon/skunk anansie (will decide on the spot)

eels

neil young

low

the prodigy

the sedan vault

bosnian rainbows

alabama shakes

cult of luna

bonobo

filter

cystal castles

franz ferdinand

the knife

the xx

opeth

bold = must see. some notable clash victims: amenra, foals, triggerfinger, johnny marr

I'm really unhappy with what seems to be the totally unnecessary changes they have made to the Marquee schedule. Aluna George and Miles Kane now clash and so does Johnny Marr and Parov Stelar. Won't now get to see Parquet Courts either. They've got the three biggest stages all on at the same time which just seems silly. Don't see why Slayer pulling out and the other two bands changing stages should have any impact on the Marquee but it's messed things up for me in a big way. Appreciate that others will benefit from this but it's disappointing to think you have the night planned and then it all changes for no apparent reason. If it had of been like this from the start then fair enough but feel like the rugs been pulled from under me! Oh well, best start planning again!

Been a bad couple of days for the festival as the Pretty Reckless have now pulled out as well. Doesn't bother me as I wasn't planning on seeing them but it just looks bad on the back of Slayer pulling out. There seems to be an issue every year with bands cancelling and it's not something you really see with UK fests. Doubt they will get anyone else in this late in the day but let's hope that's it now.

Thanks for the advice. At the moment, taxi seems like the better option to me. Considering that my group is 3 people (also possibly together with truly_mangled, why not?), 30 EUR per ride sounds reasonable.

Anyway here's the bands what I'll attempt to catch

hawk eyes

parquet courts

bombino

deftones

kate boy

badbadnotgood

nine inch nails

eminem

godspeed you! black emperor

brns

the courteeners

the black heart rebellion

chvrches

raketkanon/skunk anansie (will decide on the spot)

eels

neil young

low

the prodigy

the sedan vault

bosnian rainbows

alabama shakes

cult of luna

bonobo

filter

cystal castles

franz ferdinand

the knife

the xx

opeth

bold = must see. some notable clash victims: amenra, foals, triggerfinger, johnny marr

Been a bad couple of days for the festival as the Pretty Reckless have now pulled out as well. Doesn't bother me as I wasn't planning on seeing them but it just looks bad on the back of Slayer pulling out. There seems to be an issue every year with bands cancelling and it's not something you really see with UK fests. Doubt they will get anyone else in this late in the day but let's hope that's it now.

damn was actually wanting to see them ..... and they clashed with nobody for me ... no doubt the stages times will move and cause a pain

heres my list

School is Cool>Imagine Dragons>Charlie XCX>Kendrick Lamar>Deftones>Kate Boy>AlunaGeorge>Pavrov>NIN>Eminem>Godspeed you! Black Emperor

Frank Turner>Lord Huron>Fun>Chvrches>Pretty Reckless>MsMr>Zeds Dead>Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs>Katy B>Maya Jane Coles or Magician>Prodigy

San Cisco>Don Broco>Cloak Opera>Bosnian Rainbows>Alabama Shakes>Deap Vally>!!!>Crystal Castles>Gojira>Nosia>then who knows atm its Knife Party>Opeth but could change

Edited by pryce

Hello guys, There's 11 of us travelling over from Sheffield on the Thursday until Sunday for our first ever Pukkelpop! We have done Leeds/Reading several times (quite a few years ago!), but I have a few questions that I'd be grateful if you could shed any light on them for me:

Would you advise purchasing food and drink vouchers prior to arriving (i.e will the queues at the site be huge for them?)

Are the phone charging kiosks usually available or do you have to que for them?

Are there places outside the festival to buy booze and food etc? Or should we buy in Brussels/UK?

Is there free wifi anywhere on the site? If not do you guys just use your UK tariff to call each other?

Also if there's anything else you think would benefit some first times please let me know.

Thanks in advance, Ade.

Edited by CuffBlinks

Hi Cuffblinks, welcome on board!

You can't now purchase food and drink tokens online but it's not a problem as queues aren't really something you will encounter at PP. I used to go to V and remember that we budgeted time in the day to queue up for beers but at PP you usually just walk straight up and get what you want. You have to buy tokens from a booth next to the beer stands but again you will probably only have a few people in front (if any) depending when you try. Also read that you can buy tokens there using a debit or credit card so that saves bringing more cash.

Not sure about phone charging but did read you have to bring your own charger.

Loads of places outside festival to buy beer and food. Would only recommend you buy in Brussels if it's something specific you want like spirits, as the stalls don't sell them.

There was free wifi on site last year but did read that it wasn't the best. I wasn't able to go but someone who was there will no doubt be able to tell you first hand what it was like. If it's ok this year, then I plan to use Facebook messenger to get in touch with friends as that will be free. Will use texts as a last resort though.

Any other tips? Just prepare to have an amazing time, it's a wonderful festival that delivers on so many levels. You'll look at UK fests in a new light and wonder why they all can't be like this? Aside from the varied and eclectic line up, the crowd is so chilled out, the atmosphere is vibrant and friendly, you'll be able to get very close to the front for loads of bands, the beer will be flowing freely and the weather is going to be lovely all weekend! What more could you ask for?

Hi All,

Seen above that CuffBlinks had been advised by Semprini to get spirits in Brussels. Do the supermarkets in town sell spirits? And if so are they reasonably priced? Was at Benicassim last year and the 70cl bottles of spirits were 4 Euro. Guessing it won't be as cheap though.

Also, are the trains back to Brussels on the Sunday pretty hectic?

Thanks.