Headliners

Guest jamestheraver

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

based on the rumours going around for the last few weeks that doesn't sound that far fetched. If confirmed there would be a lot of moaning about stones and mac on the same bill, not from me though. I think that would be a fine set of headliners. Might even hit up all three depending on what else is going on (Daft punk being the one I'd most likely go to, and Mac being the one I'd least likely go to).

I'd have had Stones - Saturday night, Daft Punk - Friday night!

If those turn out to be true then that's not too bad, might upset some but DP are an interesting prospect, Stones are pretty legendary I'd say (although whether they'll be any good on the night is a different proposition all together) and Mac on the Sunday is a nice way to close the fest for me! Also means I probably won't see all of them so can do other stuff!

Rolling Stones (fri), Daft Punk (sat), Fleetwood Mac (sun)

Been confirmed, been told by a reliable source!

Is that someone at a record company (or connected to a record company) who has told you that?

I know that those names are standard and completely-believed names that are circulating in music biz circles. But I also know that the dots don't join up in all directions, which a very simple bit of checking got to show.

That doesn't mean they're definitely wrong of course but I have great difficulty believing them because things do not join up as would be expected if they were true.

Really hope this isn't the headliners as I've never seen any of them, quite like all of them and the bargain hunter in me would be feeling compelled to watch them as I'd never pay the ticket prices particularly for the Stones and Fleetwood Mac otherwise.

I'm hoping for at least one act that I think is seriously shit like Robbie Williams or Kylie Minogue so I can quite happily watch something else safe in the knowledge that no matter how much anybody raves about how good they were I would have hated them.