Bearded Theory 2013

Guest Flounder

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erm, last year the headliners didnt clash, they had the headliners of TT on earlier, then put one of the lower bands at the same time of the headliner.

If you look back at the 2012 line up http://www.beardedtheory.co.uk/page/2012-line-up Karl Philips played against Adam Ant. So you might have to wait to see who your alternative choice is.

I seem to remember that Hobo Jones were on quite late - midnight or something - because we crashed out and ended up missing them!

We are throwing a lot of resource at the campsite this year and introducing a campsite security office. We had around 25 tent thefts this year and will be looking to get this down massively. We/I have simply had enough of it and will do all we can to put a stop to it otherwise we will be reconsidering continuing.

Edited by Rich BT

We are throwing a lot of resource at the campsite this year and introducing a campsite security office. We had around 25 tent thefts this year and will be looking to get this down massively. We/I have simply had enough of it and will do all we can to put a stop to it otherwise we will be reconsidering continuing.
what you really mean is that you had around 25 thefts reported. I reckon it's pretty unlikely that even 50% were reported (and it'll be the same at other fests too).

Good to hear you're on the case tho. Some other fests try to turn a blind eye to it and pretend it's not happening.

Hi Neil, yes and no with that assumption as someone we know within the force said they get a few bogus claims that bump up the stats as well. In 2010 I will always remember the man who had £5000 cash, lap top, expensive phone, £200 sun glasses stolen from under his pillow and asked us for the crime reference number so he could speak to his insurers.

Yes we had 25 reported and have no idea what the total was but thats all we can work with. The trends of where the tents were located were nearly the same as the previous year that got done.

Edited by Rich BT

Hi Neil, yes and no with that assumption as someone we know within the force said they get a few bogus claims that bump up the stats as well. In 2010 I will always remember the man who had £5000 cash, lap top, expensive phone, £200 sun glasses stolen from under his pillow and asked us for the crime reference number so he could speak to his insurers.

Yes we had 25 reported and have no idea what the total was but thats all we can work with. The trends of where the tents were located were nearly the same as the previous year that got done.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you mean the tents that got robbed were pitched in the same space as the ones that got done the year before?

I was camped amongst the some of the people who were robbed, and our pitch seemed really nice. Maybe we need to look at where we set up camp next year.

Ps really looking forward to BT 2013 and have already got my Thursday ticket.