Bearded Theory 2013

Guest Flounder

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ticket Sellers are the cheapest agent as they dont charge postage plus they charge 7% instead of 10%. That said Quay Tickets are a charity so if you feel charitable please use them.

Deposits need to be paid by March 30th.

Tourist Information do charge a booking fee but again as you can get the tickets there and then you wont need to pay postage.

You can always send us a cheque and a stamped addressed envelope, that wouldnt incur anything, please email accounts@springmusic.co.uk

Edited by Rich BT

Maybe someone needs to get Quay Tickets to take a look at their payment type dropdown menu, as it seems that at least 2 of us here would have used Quay Tickets if this had been working ....

Ticket Sellers are the cheapest agent as they dont charge postage plus they charge 7% instead of 10%. That said Quay Tickets are a charity so if you feel charitable please use them.

Deposits need to be paid by March 30th.

Tourist Information do charge a booking fee but again as you can get the tickets there and then you wont need to pay postage.

You can always send us a cheque and a stamped addressed envelope, that wouldnt incur anything, please email accounts@springmusic.co.uk

If I've read the newsletter right, it looks as if New Model Army are supporting Reverend & the Makers on the Main Stage? Pity - I had hoped they would headline Tornado Town :(

certainly looks like it to me, the lineup page shows it that way.

I'm happy with that - it'll be a great first night on the main stage with neds, NMA and Reverend.

Although, I'm going to have to dip into Tornado town for a bit of ska with maroon town anyway....

round the evening off with subgiant..... ideal first festival night of the 'summer' I reckon.

That's a shame because it means a shorter set! :(

From what I've seen of Rev & The Makers on YouTube, I don't think they're for us - I know that they've got a cult following and all that, but, to me, they just sound like a second rate Kasabian - will have to check out the alternatives ......

fair point, and you might be right.

I've got no time for Kasabian at all - chest thumping monkeys - but I was impressed by Rev when I saw them a few years back. A very, very tight band.

I was worse for wear at the time, but they blew the headlining Massive Attack away that night - and that comes from someone who would have always expected to have enjoyed Bristol trip hop alot more than northern guitar-y stuff.

It's not impossible that I had one of those evenings, and actually Rev aren't as good as I remember - though I suppose.

Edited by si_t

going off piste here a little, but the other possibility is that Massive attack are actually just a bit $hit live, and the makers came out smelling of roses because they didn't make me want to dig a big hole in the ground and climb into it until it was all over.

I gotta say that there appeared to be a lot of chest thumping going on in the couple of Rev videos I watched on YouTube. I kinda lost the will after a few minutes! Having said that, maybe they are tight live - it's hard to tell from watching a video!

Then again, Maroon Town look much more our thing - so I reckon we'll be heading in that direction for a bitta ska! :)

I didn't love the attitude of the main man, I must say.... it just kind of comes with the territory though I guess....

If memory serves correct, it's all staggered with tornado town finishing later on, so it'll be beginning of Revs set, confirm whether or not it's our bag, and then see whether to go to TT for Maroon Town.

me and my lot love our Ska, so we always try to be at the couple of acts that Bearded put on each year.... although I ended up enjoying terrorvision far too much to leave for Los Albertos last year.

hopefully the last sunday act to be announced (soonish?) will be another one.

Edited by si_t

The Beat played only played in 2011.

NMA & Rev & Makers have the same set times.

Reverend & the Makers are amazing live and remind me a bit of King Blues in their live performance but I would say they R&tM are even tighter. Go and listen for one song and if its not your cup of tea try one of the other 4 stages.

Yeah - the beat were wicked in 2011. Wasn't there massive shouts for an encore after their set? I thought it was going to happen too. That may be my favourite set from BT so far. (only 2 years though, tbf)

Love the fact that we've got a ska alternative in TT should R&tM not turn out to be the cuppa we wanted......

I'm planning on being similarly worse for wear, I'm sure it'll be all good....

My heart leapt there for a minute - saw RATM and thought you meant Rage Against the Machine! :D - that would have made our year! ;)

I gotta agree that The Beat were brilliant the other year - so surely a return after 2 years is not too soon for a band that went down so well last time?

fair point - I was thinking maybe that could be an option for the last band... should I read anything into that Rich?

Pama International have reformed as well I think.....

I do like these guessing games....gets me through a rather grey January....

Yep, strangely enough I was thinking of Neville & Pama International as well. I think I'm right in saying that Neville has left The Specials again?

Don't they all have their own projects on the go, and also do the big arena specials tours aswell?

I saw the specials are doing a tour again, but can't beleive that has any bearing on all the other stuff - just a nice fat pay day for all.