WWE

lharris92

Goldberg. F**king Goldberg. That segment was exceptional. Seeing the fireworks, seeing him walking to the ring, hearing the damn WCW theme (YES!) was incredible. The entire crowd went ballistic. He had them in the palm of his hand. I'm excited for this match more than anything in quite a while. I'm confident in thinking that this match isn't going to be the Suplex City fest that we have come to expect from Brock's matches. Goldberg is doing this so his family get to see him wrestle, so you can bet he will look strong in the match. I'm expecting Brock to win after a hard fought, balanced match with a couple of really, really close pinfalls that would give Goldberg the win. Hurry up, Survivor Series! 

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Goldberg. F**king Goldberg. That segment was exceptional. Seeing the fireworks, seeing him walking to the ring, hearing the damn WCW theme (YES!) was incredible. The entire crowd went ballistic. He had them in the palm of his hand. I'm excited for this match more than anything in quite a while. I'm confident in thinking that this match isn't going to be the Suplex City fest that we have come to expect from Brock's matches. Goldberg is doing this so his family get to see him wrestle, so you can bet he will look strong in the match. I'm expecting Brock to win after a hard fought, balanced match with a couple of really, really close pinfalls that would give Goldberg the win. Hurry up, Survivor Series! 

Agree with all of this.

Sasha vs Charlottes is going to main event HIAC according to Foley....

45 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

First face off I can see Goldberg "hurting" Lesnar. First person to really put him down properly in a while. 

31 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Agree with all of this.

Sasha vs Charlottes is going to main event HIAC according to Foley....

As they should. Charlotte is the best thing WWE have had for a long time. 

37 minutes ago, The Nal said:

First face off I can see Goldberg "hurting" Lesnar. First person to really put him down properly in a while. 

As they should. Charlotte is the best thing WWE have had for a long time. 

I think the Women's HIAC deserves to Main Wvent because it is so historic. I'm really looking forward to it and think they will pull out all the stops to make it a memorable match. I'd love to see Charlotte Moonsault Sasha through a table from atop a ladder. I'm expecting Sasha to retain, as they shouldn't be hot potato-ing the title. Charlotte will get the title back at some point. 

Has anyone else seen those reports of Charlotte apparently asking Vince if she could Moonsault off the top of the Cell!? Thank God he rejected that, if true. Zero need for anything like that.

I just don't have any interest in modern day HIAC matches, especially between Sasha and Charlotte. They will do something stupid no doubt, Sasha banks needs to slow down a bit or she is going to end up hurt very badly. I think it will be a good match but would rather see the world title go on last. 

I'm looking forward to the eventual KO/Jericho feud. I would hold off on it until Mania but WWE don't do long term build.

Jericho has always been good hasn't he?

Constantly coming up with new stuff. Admittedly I stopped watching for decade so from 2004 -2014 i have no idea other than what I've seen others say.

I'm hoping the Charlotte vs Banks match is the main event, they're putting on some great matches of late.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 4:42 PM, Andre91 said:

The sad thing is that the Goldberg entrance alone is more over than any current WWE superstar. It got me thinking how rubbish WWE are now at producing music.  The entrance used to be a big part of the character, now I struggle to remember most of them. WWE is so stale at the moment that Goldberg could be the shot it needs.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 6:54 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

I just don't have any interest in modern day HIAC matches, especially between Sasha and Charlotte. They will do something stupid no doubt, Sasha banks needs to slow down a bit or she is going to end up hurt very badly. I think it will be a good match but would rather see the world title go on last. 

I'm looking forward to the eventual KO/Jericho feud. I would hold off on it until Mania but WWE don't do long term build.

I think WWE are keen to have the woman main event a ppv and a raw (or smackdown) one seems an obvious choice. I think it is the right choice for the main event as it is a hotter feud than the other 2 matches and a better babyface v heel dynamic.

The Rollins V Owens match falls into the trap of many recent WWE main events. You have 2 guys popular with the hardcore fans, but Rollins isn't particularly over as a babyface and Owens isn't over as a heel, so you end up with a feud with no heat, where nobody cares who wins or loses/

11 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Jericho has always been good hasn't he?

It looked at one point like he was becoming irrelevant, but he has turned it round again.  He is a master in making subtle changes to his characters. He also wrestles differently when playing babyface and heel which most on the current roster don't.  Too many of the newer guys are in my view so obsessed with moves, they forget about the character and I have to think Jericho is a very positive influence.

3 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Jericho is a an all time great and this has been one of his best runs. Rollins is terrible babyface.

Rollins character has always been confusing since he left the shield. When heel he wrestles like a babyface. However as a babyface his character just doesn't connect.

Add to that a generic entrance music and the architect title which is one of the lamest in wrestling. He is undoubtedly very athletic, but I'm not sure he has the wrestling brain to be a great.

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Rollins character has always been confusing since he left the shield. When heel he wrestles like a babyface. However as a babyface his character just doesn't connect.

Add to that a generic entrance music and the architect title which is one of the lamest in wrestling. He is undoubtedly very athletic, but I'm not sure he has the wrestling brain to be a great.

All else you needed to say was he's reckless and injures too many people, and you would've been outed as Bret Hart :lol:

• Upvote 1

So WWE are supposedly going offer James Ellsworth a full time contract. I think it is a great move by the company and the guy's story is a bloody brilliant one. He's gone from being Braun Strowman's first jobber victim, to being 2-0 against AJ Styles and having the best selling piece of merchandise in the company. He's only ever going to be a jobber / comedy character but crowds absolutely love him so there is mileage there, I think.

Personally I would have Ambrose continue to help/champion him so they have quite a nice comedic pairing, and then I'd use Ellsworth to turn Ambrose heel. Have Ambrose completely destroy Ellsworth like Brock did Zach Gowan, or Triple H did Daniel Bryan. 

Hello everyone 

I read this thread a lot but have never posted was just wondering what everyone thinks of ICW's Fear And Loathing card for me personally i think its fantastic. Coffey vs Angle has the potential to be an absolute classic as well as Wolfgang vs Trent Seven in a cage match for the world championship which will be barbaric. I'm hoping the Team Dallas vs Team Lightning match goes on last as seeing Dallas celebrate winning what has been a fantastic feud will be a great moment. 

Anyone on here going to be at the show ? 

Edited by Succulence ltd

1 hour ago, Succulence ltd said:

Hello everyone 

I read this thread a lot but have never posted was just wondering what everyone thinks of ICW's Fear And Loathing card for me personally i think its fantastic. Coffey vs Angle has the potential to be an absolute classic as well as Wolfgang vs Trent Seven in a cage match for the world championship which will be barbaric. I'm hoping the Team Dallas vs Team Lightning match goes on last as seeing Dallas celebrate winning what has been a fantastic feud will be a great moment. 

Anyone on here going to be at the show ? 

I'll be there but must admit I haven't really followed much of the product this year. great show last year though

Foley can't make it so Balor will be there instead

22 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

I'll be there but must admit I haven't really followed much of the product this year. great show last year though

Foley can't make it so Balor will be there instead

Last year's Fear And Loathing was my first ever ICW  show and I've been totally hooked on it ever since. 

Massive coup getting Balor to return very excited to see him as i wasn't old enough to attend  ICW shows during his first run with the company. 

Very strange WWE letting one of their wrestler's appear for another promotion has this happened before ?

3 hours ago, Succulence ltd said:

Last year's Fear And Loathing was my first ever ICW  show and I've been totally hooked on it ever since. 

Massive coup getting Balor to return very excited to see him as i wasn't old enough to attend  ICW shows during his first run with the company. 

Very strange WWE letting one of their wrestler's appear for another promotion has this happened before ?

Well foley had signed a deal to appear for icw before he agreed to WWE deal and Balor is injured anyway so not it's not that big of a problem. Be different if he wrestled but still nice of WWE to let it happen. Should be a great show.

On 30/10/2016 at 4:15 PM, Uncle Liam said:

To be fair if they are going to insist on having 2 1/2- 3 hour brand exclusive shows each month then they need to do something to make the 'big four' stand out. 

I would agree, but to me that should be through the matches and special attractions, not making shows longer when people aren't calling for longer shows.

I found hell in the cell a bit dull, although saved to some extent by the last match. The gimmick should be used as a blow off for a hot feud like the woman's match, not to elevate lukewarm feuds like the mens.