V Festival 2013 Line Up Predictions

Guest StuartG20

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Paolo Nutini is planning on releasing a third album this year then I wouldn't be surprised to see him maybe third down on the Main Stage. He played an afternoon set on the Main Stage back in 2010 and it was great. He headlined Latitude in 2011 so he'd definitely be given a decent spot on the line up if he was to perform.

I personally can't see Example returning for 2013. He's played V consecutively for three years now and he was below Noel Gallagher who was subbing 2012. It seems if an artist returns the following year then they are either offered a bigger stage or a longer set, higher up on the line up. Example doesn't have the status or credibly to be subbing for another few years I'd say so unless he maybe headlines the 4Music stage, I can't see him returning again!

In terms of headliners, Mumford would be a solid shout, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them sub either. Snow Patrol subbed V in 2012 but headlined T in the Park so it's not unheard of. Coldplay I'd say were unlikely given they'll probably have a break in 2013 considering the mammoth world tour they have recently finished. Rihanna is a possibility, considering how poppy V has become in recent years.

In terms of general acts across the weekend I'd predict; The Lumineers, The Vaccines, Dizzee Rascal, The Script (probably subbing), Chase and Status (either third down on the Main Stage or headlining 4Music) and Lana Del Rey.

Edited by James Harris

Rihanna headlining with the script subbing one day, and then KoL with The Vaccines subbing the other.

Can see a majority of the line up being quite generic bullshit: Girls aloud, one direction, Ellie Goulding etc

Other bands/people who could make it are probably TDCC, Jake Bugg, Foster the people, of monsters and men and others that are certain to sell tickets

Rihanna headlining with the script subbing one day, and then KoL with The Vaccines subbing the other.

Can see a majority of the line up being quite generic bullshit: Girls aloud, one direction, Ellie Goulding etc

Other bands/people who could make it are probably TDCC, Jake Bugg, Foster the people, of monsters and men and others that are certain to sell tickets

Here's my current prediction:

Saturday

Virgin Media Stage: Kasabian // The Prodigy // The Vaccines // White Lies // Jake Bugg // Rizzle Kicks // Rita Ora

4music Stage: Tinie Tempah // Two Door Cinema Club // Editors // The Lumineers // Maxïmo Park // Alabama Shakes // The Fratellis // Ocean Colour Scene

Arena Stage: Lana Del Rey // Crystal Castles // Ellie Goulding // Carly Rae Jepsen // Misha B

Sunday

Virgin Media Stage: Lady GaGa // Dizzee Rascal // Bloc Party // Stereophonics // Bombay Bicycle Club // PSY // Labrinth

4music Stage: Chase & Status // The Maccabees // Foster the People // Ke$ha // Professor Green // Mystery Jets // We Are Scientists // Funeral for a Friend

Arena Stage: Calvin Harris // Gotye // Azealia Banks // Little Mix // Conor Maynard

I could see Rihanna not playing any other festivals apart from T; her stadium tour has no Scottish dates so maybe she's treating her T slot as an extension of her stadium tour?

Here's my current prediction:

Saturday

Virgin Media Stage: Kasabian // The Prodigy // The Vaccines // White Lies // Jake Bugg // Rizzle Kicks // Rita Ora

4music Stage: Tinie Tempah // Two Door Cinema Club // Editors // The Lumineers // Maxïmo Park // Alabama Shakes // The Fratellis // Ocean Colour Scene

Arena Stage: Lana Del Rey // Crystal Castles // Ellie Goulding // Carly Rae Jepsen // Misha B

Sunday

Virgin Media Stage: Lady GaGa // Dizzee Rascal // Bloc Party // Stereophonics // Bombay Bicycle Club // PSY // Labrinth

4music Stage: Chase & Status // The Maccabees // Foster the People // Ke$ha // Professor Green // Mystery Jets // We Are Scientists // Funeral for a Friend

Arena Stage: Calvin Harris // Gotye // Azealia Banks // Little Mix // Conor Maynard

I could see Rihanna not playing any other festivals apart from T; her stadium tour has no Scottish dates so maybe she's treating her T slot as an extension of her stadium tour?

I really cant see the headliners being gaga and rihanna, that would piss alot of the regulars of and alienate the indie crowd that still go. Quite a of my friends/colleagues still go who are into a mix of everything from pop/indie/dance, rihanna and gaga headlining will turn alot of people away.

So I would be amazed if they were the headliners, although they could play the same night.

My feeling would be either rihanna or gaga and then a guitar driven band, thats based on nothing more than v never having 2 traditional pop acts headlining before.

Not saying they will but I wouldn't rule it out, the playing own shows still and exclusive would still be there. it's no secret on here it's being said that the indie market is just going downwards.

They used to have two rock style headliners each night and in fairness R&L have got a headliner who know one ever thought until soon before the announcement would play it again, or not enough to mention it, 12 years ago being last time.

A shit load of young girls attend the fest, they'd lap gaga and rihanna up