T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

I don't understand this whole "You can't headline you have 2 albums" In no way do i like Mumford and Sons but are people forgetting The Stone Roses have 2 albums.... Oh and they headlined last year :)

Well i was going to say i could see The Darkness playing again i think they pretty much like the festival and seen in an interview they are playing European festivals this summer so this could be the first announced. Although i don't really care to be fair i just thought i would add my input. Looking forward to the rage tomorrow on facebook when James Arthur gets announced with "Festival favourite" Calvin Harris.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me neither, plenty have done it off of two albums before.

I wouldn't be against The Darkness playing but not fussed either way. I don't think many would be against Calvin Harris - I wouldn't see mind. Also the James Arthur thing, he can sing, he has a good voice, it's the fact he's off of X Factor and not just a separate solo artist that isn't liked.

If you can sing and have a good voice then so be it, X Factor or not.

Edited by Pokeybumwanker

I'm not a big fan of Kraftwerk but they are a great addition to the line-up. Interestingly though, they don't meet Geoff Ellis's normal criteria for acts playing at T. For the past few years the majority of the big acts at T have been current and touring for a new album or on reunion tours.

This has given me some hope for tomorrow, maybe there will be some more unexpected announcements? I know there will be some pop/RnB acts announced tomorrow, but hopefully they will be of a good standard and we get a strong undercard to make up for the slightly underwhelming headliners.

Edited by mazza7

it would be good to remember that for main stage nme we don't have a lot announced so far. know one knows who they've got lined up for NME headers or subs (don't believe the script are subbing), so I think we should at least keep an open mind until the next batch 2mora lunch time.

There is every chance I know that the NME headers may well be Guetta, QOTSA and The Prodigy (still two dance acts in there like the NME is quite often). I think the only complain there would be Guetta really but it's a good thing to know that Friday already has an alternative to Mumford & Sons in Kraftwerk, which has pleased a lot of people.

If you got this, would you be happy?

Mumford - Guetta - Kraftwerk

Rihanna - QOTSA - Avicii (think it could be maybe MSP though)

The Killers - The Prodigy - Calvin Harris

QOTSA would have to be an NME headliner. Can't see them subbing one of the crap main stage acts. Their style really needs to be played in the dark also for maximum effect.

Prodigy are a non starter unless they headline NME.

The likes of Guetta and Calvin Harris have done T to death in recent years. I know Guetta is on Rihanna's tour, but why not have him subbing Rihanna on the main stage?

Kraftwerk would surely have to be in Tuts. I just can't see them pulling a big enough crowd in NME and might even struggle in Tuts unless its raining.

I'd like a few more curve balls thrown in like The Specials or Madness headlining NME.

However, I think we need a lot more rock and indie and I'm just not convinced it will happen.

Edited by a_n_other

QOTSA would have to be an NME headliner. Can't see them subbing one of the crap main stage acts. Their style really needs to be played in the dark also for maximum effect.

The likes of Guetta and Calvin Harris have done T to death in recent years. I know Guetta is on Rihanna's tour, but why not have him subbing Rihanna on the main stage?

Kraftwerk would surely have to be in Tuts. I just can't see them pulling a big enough crowd in NME and might even struggle in Tuts unless its raining.

I'd like a few more curve balls thrown in like The Specials or Madness headlining NME.

However, I think we need a lot more rock and indie and I'm just not convinced it will happen.

Edited by Chiefski

I think he had them seperated out as headliners for Main/NME/Tuts, rather than the top 3 on main.

Madness wont be playing, The Specials maybe though, I reckon they could play KTs

Agreeing on Kraftwerk being a nme headliner really, their a rare act as it is, would be just asking for bother in a tent, dont need to do their full 3D shows for fests, will get a good crowd if Mumford is the main alternative too.

Still expecting a surprise or two tomorrow, maybe not a welcome one to some saying that

Did mean that, sorry mate. I kinda at the time, expected it to be took like that.

Did The Chem Bro's do some kinda of 3d or at least 2d thing at Glasto last time?They had a big lit up moving imagine in the air. But I don't see how the fest will make doing a 3d show in the tut's any easier than NME, smaller space yes but still, they'd have to hand out 3d glasses to 8k people. And at £60 a show for Tates, people willing to spend money on a Friday day ticket, also being the cheaper day ticket that will include and hour and a half show from them I'd expect and probably another 4 bands as well.

I think if they are NME header then a lot of people will be happy. They aren't my thing really but when it could have been someone like Guetta or Deadmau5 that provides no alternative. Also, if they can be thought of to headline Latitude?, not totally sure on the capacity but I'd guess at least 30k then NME header it is.

Guetta could still may well be there but in a position that provides something decent enough. I'd would say after Paul's comment that if he played, it's NME header Sunday or below Rihanna, but I think he'd go 3rd under her and not 2nd.

For the fest, I think Kraftwerk, QOTSA and The Chem Bro's would be a great set of headers. I don't really care for either but then seeing the main stage header all 3 days is no problem for me. But I can see some surprises coming.

"But DAVID BOWIE was the most disappointing cancellation I’ve ever had. He’s a legend and in my top ten artists of all time.

It’s great to see him back with a new single. I spoke to his agent the other night over a few drinks and asked if there was any chance of getting him for 2013.

He said no because Bowie doesn’t want to play live — he’s thinking about his health."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4800530/T-In-The-Park-festival-boss-Geoff-Ellis-on-dealing-with-problems.html#ixzz2LF3ApRPM