T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone's seen this but for this year some voucher website has worked out you would actually be £8 cheaper to see the big acts in their own shows than going to T in the Park. Wasn't T the best value last year?

http://www.netvouchercodes.co.uk/livelifeforless/the-uks-top-value-music-festivals-2013-infographic/

Hope the Mumford guy recovers in time. Not a fan personally, but as a guy in a band i know cancelling gigs sucks. Would be heartbreaking for the band to pull out of T and Glastonbury.

If they should have to pull out, hopefully Geoff Ellis would get off his backside and phone Biffy Clyro. Chances are he'd ring Kasabian or Snow Patrol though.

Edited by harryomatic

Hope the Mumford guy recovers in time. Not a fan personally, but as a guy in a band i know cancelling gigs sucks. Would be heartbreaking for the band to pull out of T and Glastonbury.

If they should have to pull out, hopefully Geoff Ellis would get off his backside and phone Biffy Clyro. Chances are he'd ring Kasabian or Snow Patrol though.

If mumfords cant play, could Calvin Harris headline main? push Courteeners up to headline radio1? Could put Chase and Status on Radio1 headline but that would divide the crowd. I hope Mumfords make it to T and Glasto, and im not even going to either of them I just hope they are all okay

As mentioned the forum is gone....

The advantage ?? of one meandering thread is that no-one knows where it goes next. I quite enjoyed a few posts on Benni. As soon as there is anything T related to discuss it`s back on track. Just heard on the radio that Mumford are hopeful that it will only be 3 US shows cancelled and that they hope Glastonbury and T are on. I won`t be watching them at either but hope the guy has a quick recovery. Imagine they had to cancel..... doubt they will get another chance, well at Glastonbury anyway.

Is anyone else surprised with the slot Ocean Colour Scene got ? I know they are old hat and have played before but thought they still merited an evening sing a long ( in the sunshine ).

As mentioned the forum is gone....

The advantage ?? of one meandering thread is that no-one knows where it goes next. I quite enjoyed a few posts on Benni. As soon as there is anything T related to discuss it`s back on track. Just heard on the radio that Mumford are hopeful that it will only be 3 US shows cancelled and that they hope Glastonbury and T are on. I won`t be watching them at either but hope the guy has a quick recovery. Imagine they had to cancel..... doubt they will get another chance, well at Glastonbury anyway.

Is anyone else surprised with the slot Ocean Colour Scene got ? I know they are old hat and have played before but thought they still merited an evening sing a long ( in the sunshine ).

I was waiting for an article like the following to appear. Apparently the reason Ticket sales are struggling is down to the recession....

http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/music/news-and-features/t-in-the-park-tickets-sales-hit-by-recession-1-2961935

Nothing related to the quality of the lineup (except the comment by someone at the bottom!).

The country has been in recession for more than 12 months and this year they introduced a deposit scheme. I know they'll not admit they've made a arse of the line up but its not a recession that's caused me and most of the group I go with every year (around 20) to choose another festival for this year!

Edited by blue6field

Strange the recession initially hit in 2008 and we were in and out of recession until 2011 - all of these years T sold out fast (and had stronger lineups) then in 2012 the first year out of recession tickets sold slowly, and this year (for which I'm willing to be ticket sales are even worse than last year) tickets have failed to sell out as of yet.

I'm sure it's down to the recovering economy and not he higher ticket prices or worse quality lineups. I know they won't, but I really just wish they would admit they got it wrong.

Friday

The Proclaimers - Fidlar - Of Monsters & Men - The Courteeners - Calvin Harris

Saturday

The Fratellis - The View - Kesha - Miles Kane - Travis/Snoop Dogg(Dilemma) - Twin Atlantic/Dizzee/The Script(another dilemma) - finish off the day with Rihanna (never see her again - one off)

Sunday

Ocean Colour Scene - Rita Ora - Two Door Cinema Club - Azealia Banks - Editors - Stereophonics - The Killers/David Guetta/Yeah Yeah Yeahs(biggest dilemma of the weekend)