• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

I'm hoping some of these bands are on the undercard then I'm a happy chappy :)

The XX, Modest Mouse, Cage The Elephant, Jamie T, Jack White, Dinosuar Jr, Awolnation, Foals, Frank Turner, Weezer, Cypress Hill, Cancer Bats, Dropkick Murphys, The Subways, Fleet Foxes, Korn, Local Natives, Battle.

To name a few :P

I'm hoping some of these bands are on the undercard then I'm a happy chappy :)

The XX, Modest Mouse, Cage The Elephant, Jamie T, Jack White, Dinosuar Jr, Awolnation, Foals, Frank Turner, Weezer, Cypress Hill, Cancer Bats, Dropkick Murphys, The Subways, Fleet Foxes, Korn, Local Natives, Battle.

To name a few :P

Or we could get blur and the mega sub list - Prodigy, Mumford and SOAD subbing

/sigh

On topic, I really can't see anyone other than Mumford headlining, because SOAD are far far more likely to accept a sub slot (to Eminem perhaps?) and will sell far fewer tickets. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but that's my "gut feeling", for what it's worth.

In terms of subs, I think The xx, Jack White/ Bloc Party and SOAD (if not headlining) or Prodigy on the Eminem day would be excellent. I'm not sure if Noel Gallagher being rumoured for Glastonbury makes them more or less likely, but I think it would be a good booking. To sub Biffy perhaps?

do Pearl Jam have any pull these days? even at festivals like Download and Sonisphere i can't see crowds of people flooding to see Pearl Jam, so i'm not sure how well they'd go down at Reading and Leeds. could be wrong, i just thought they'd fallen off the radar in that sense

*actually, scratch all that. Guns 'N Roses did headline in '10 so i suppose an older, 'legendary' band is still an option regardless of whether they're a massive crowd puller

Edited by FloorFiller

It crossed my mind that Mumford and Sons might not go to Glastonbury because they think it will harm their chances of headlining in the next 2 years or so. I don't know how likely this is, (how many subs have headlined soon after their sub?) but if there were bigger and better alternatives would Eavii choose a band who subbed 1 year/ 2 years before to headline?

From a money/ exposure point of view it would make more sense to capitalise on their current popularity, pick up masses of money doing an England exclusive at R+L (I imagine it's a lot more than even a Glasto headline slot) and get quite a lot of (admittedly not needed) exposure, and wait till next year/ year after to headline Glasto, when the hype train has died down a little, and have another album out to put in a good headline slot and become the "biggest and the best" again. This way they get more money, more exposure over a longer period of time, and don't have to play any sub slots. It's a win win for them.

Maybe I've just made up a big massive conspiracy theory and I'm talking out of my ears. Probably that