the headliners are....

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why everybody is loving the headliners tbh....

Foo's seemed to play everywhere last year

Kasabian are still quite a small band to headline a fest

and The Cure I know little about - don't seem that relevant currently though tbh..,

I don't understand why V and T are getting slaughtered (for what i think, are quite good lineups) but everyone seems positive about reading/Leeds' headliners...

someone explain?

and The Cure I know little about - don't seem that relevant currently though tbh..,

I don't understand why V and T are getting slaughtered (for what i think, are quite good lineups) but everyone seems positive about reading/Leeds' headliners...

someone explain?

Apologies if it's already been said elsewhere on these forums, but how did Neil come to this conclusion..? Not doubting the man for a second...he's got a great record with this stuff and I've had my heart set on the cure for ages, so I'm definitely happy...just wondered what the source of the info was..? I'm assuming it's come off the back of the NME awards..?

someone explain?

a bit disappointed after the Blur & Green Day rumours but I think that was more in hope.

Not a fan of The Cure and saw both Foos & Kasabian last year, but would see them again in a heartbeat.

If the undercard is as per the rumours then i'll still try and get a ticket

I hate this word 'relevant'. Who cares where a when a band was most popular, doesn't make there music any less brilliant. Metallica could've never released music again after the Black Album and they would still be headlining festivals now

Apologies if it's already been said elsewhere on these forums, but how did Neil come to this conclusion..? Not doubting the man for a second...he's got a great record with this stuff and I've had my heart set on the cure for ages, so I'm definitely happy...just wondered what the source of the info was..? I'm assuming it's come off the back of the NME awards..?

you have to admit, if the poster is a fake, its a very accurate example of one. even e festivals didn't have the correct info for along period of time.

how can you prove without a shadow of a doubt that mag was a fake? when they have all the acts in the right place even before some were declared as T.B.C e.g The Cure and Florence and The Machine.

I'd be interested in hearing from either of you how according to that poster Placebo are supposed to be playing the Saturday in Leeds when they're already announced to headline Rock Im Pott festival in Germany that day, and Skrillex can make two appearances at Reading on the Sunday when he's headlining the SW4 festival that day.

Oh wait, you can't explain how, because they aren't and the poster's complete bollocks.

Someone managed to get lucky and place four bands (not "all of the acts" Joe) at the top of the bill, and only after all of those acts had been brought up by efests. Yes they've flip-flopped a bit over The Cure but that's due to information available, they've still managed to come up with a definite commitment to the headliners before the announcement. Just because someone made a poster with those headliners before the confirmation (albeit after efests mentioned them as possibilities) doesn't mean it's legit, it means they got lucky with those and fucked up with other bands - Placebo and Skrillex, who definitely can't be playing where the poster has them, and unrealistic positions for Scroobius Pip, The Joy Formidable, Enter Shikari, Chapel Club, The Naked And Famous and Lana Del Rey.

Not bad...not bad at all. It has peaked my intrest, only recently became a fan of Kasabian after seeing them live on NYE. Foo Fighters...I like...not majorly but I'd see them at a fest and The Cure!!...pretty good line up, will be considering based on other acts still but may well get tickets :D

Would have preferred Linkin Park or Green Day, but that would have been too good to be true. I started listening to The Cure a few months ago and they seem pretty good - really like Friday I'm In Love and Pictures Of You - so they'll make a good enough headliner for me. With Foos as well that's two-out-of-three, which is as much as I can realistically hope for. Get Lostprophets, Bullet For My Valentine, Enter Shikari or You Me At Six headlining the second stage on the Kasabian day and I'll have a great set of headliners for the whole weekend.

Plus The Cure sets the tone for a day of alternative/rock on main rather than loads of indie, so hopefully that means we'll get two 'heavier' days again this year, like 2010.

For me the R+L as efests predicted, went from the best lineup ever to the worst line-up for years in just 10 hours. Neil announcing Blur won't be headlining in the morning then announcing The Cure will be headlining in the evening.

I'm actually rather pleased though because I didn't want to go anyway, but if Blur were headlining I probably would have had to.

I'm still intrigued to know why Neil was convinced Blur were headlining at one point though