Foo fighters and Kasabian are playing. Booking last years isle of wight headliners

Guest mike99

Reading and Leeds will have compleltly differnt sets than what Isle of Wight had last year. Both acts were on tour so technically they were just another show in there year! This year neither are playing in the UK and are festival exclusives which makes them actually better than IOW last year!

Its a great booking for R/L, and i belive Foo Fighters were always going to play 2012 because its 20years since Nivarda last played in the UK which just happened to be Reading! Wouldnt suprise me if R/L and Foo Fighters would play tribute to that!

it may seem "uninspired", and admittedly i did note that down in the 2012 lineup thread the other day, however the foos were epic live both times i saw them and kasabian i've heard mixed reviews for.

either way im still looking forward to it, and hopefully the undercard is a treat. :)

is it only me who think kasabian, are absolute rubbish, crass, and have no musical talent what so ever? apart from making very light weight "rock n roll" songs that don't connect with anyone remotely interested in real music,

to me at least they have gone so main stream now they are starting to resemble Coldplay, makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

is it only me who think kasabian, are absolute rubbish, crass, and have no musical talent what so ever? apart from making very light weight "rock n roll" songs that don't connect with anyone remotely interested in real music,

to me at least they have gone so main stream now they are starting to resemble Coldplay, makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

Edited by thetime

Wow i'd love to see a festival bill you put together, and how much it would cost, if you think kasabian should be nowhere near a main stage. 3 UK number one albums, a brit award for best british band in 2010, Q awards for best album and best act in the world today on the west ryder tour cycle, add to that several nme awards and add to that 12 top 40 singles and they are definitley a headline act in the UK.

To prove that further our other headliner, foo fighters have also had 3 UK number one albums and 20 UK top 40 singles in a career which has been almost twice as long as kasabian. The killers have also had 3 numer 1 albums and 10 uk top 40 singles.

You are more than entitled to say that you think kasabian a rubbish, but you are wrong when you say they can't headline festivals, i personally am a massive fan of both kasabian and foo fighters, having seen both live numerous times and can't wait for reading especially if we get the cure aswell

How many people that went to IOW last year do people expect to be at R+L this? I'd've thought it wouldn't really be all that many so i fail to see the problem/relevance. It seems like people don't want safe bookings, yet moan when we get unexpected bands like Arcade Fire, MCR or The Cure (as is rumoured) at the top of the bill, saying they are not big enough. We have two proven bands with great live reputations, if it's not your bag then just watch somebody else, just stop finding faults with everything

Rant over

ignore the facts on album and single sales then... and also awards are a gague of popularity, yes a headliner has to be a credible but the also have to be popular because they are the main selling point of the festival! People always want new headliners, there's a good chance this year that we're gonna get two headliners that havnt headlined, or even played in a long while.

Plus kasabian have worked there way up, not like theyve jumped to the top of the line up on the back of one song, they've been going for 15 years.

Meh i dont care, if it is kasabian i'll watch em love and so will lots of other people, and fingers crossed if you do go, they'll be someone on for you to watch, nme headliners will be interesting this year i think

Edited by GuitarManDan15

How many people that went to IOW last year do people expect to be at R+L this? I'd've thought it wouldn't really be all that many so i fail to see the problem/relevance. It seems like people don't want safe bookings, yet moan when we get unexpected bands like Arcade Fire, MCR or The Cure (as is rumoured) at the top of the bill, saying they are not big enough. We have two proven bands with great live reputations, if it's not your bag then just watch somebody else, just stop finding faults with everything

Rant over