The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

29 minutes ago, LJS said:

"Sweden does not currently use the euro as its currency and has no plans to replace the krona in the near future. Sweden's Treaty of Accession of 1994 made it subject to the Treaty of Maastricht, which obliges states to join the eurozone once they meet the necessary conditions. Sweden maintains that joining the European Exchange Rate Mechanism II (ERM II), participation in which for at least two years is a requirement for euro adoption, is voluntary,and has chosen to remain outside pending public approval by a referendum, thereby intentionally avoiding the fulfilment of the adoption requirements.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_and_the_euro#:~:text=Sweden does not currently use,they meet the necessary conditions.

Then oermal deflection.. Plus if swden can get away with it scotland will be allowed to too. 

Except the EU now asks for greater commitment from new members

Edited by eFestivals

20 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Special treatment and exemptions for existing members wouldn't apply to Scotland.

Or to UK refjoining the EU.

Scoland will be treated exceptionally because its an exceptional country. Iexcept won't bebecause its already displayed a high degree 38% of eu dislike.

Edited by eFestivals

8 hours ago, LJS said:

Maybe get Tommy Sheridan along for a full set of Scotland's political embarrassments. 

I assumed before writing this than Tommy would be on the lists with some new forgettable nonsense but I see the Action For Independence that he was standing for has stepped aside for Alba and Sheridan himself has joined Alex Salmond.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:56 PM, LJS said:

Even the most optimistic Indy supporter does not believe that an Independent Scotland would be an EU member on Independence day.  given recent precedent, it is unlikely we would join the EU without a referendum. So the border shouldn't be a problem initially  - unless the rUK wants to make  it one.

And if we do join the EU, our border arrangements with the rUK will depend on what arrangements the UK has with the EU at that time. One would imagine that, considering all the current border problems UK is experiencing, I would imagine the UK government is going to come under increasing pressure to negotiate an improve trade deal with the EU. 

Now I'd like to return to this claim you made yesterday "These things Need bringing to public attention along with the missing £700k from SNP accounts now under police investigation."

I'm wondering where you got that from?

The only place I've seen that story is on Wings but I know you wouldn't take anything from there as being factually accurate. 

You couldn't have given a better example of the dishonest deflection thing.scotland will only get there best outcomes.

51 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

They have managed to concoct a story out of precious little, it appears to me.

Probably makes very little difference as Starmers statement seems to be carefully worded " we would not support" rather than be against to allow him to do his usual trick and abstain.

I think the only thing left blocking this would be Priti Patels favourite "lefty lawyers" attempting to block it in the courts on behalf of disability groups.

15 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

The SNP are backing Tories pushing through an illiberal policy that affects England only. It's shitbaggery on at least 2 fronts.

It's made up.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

its easy to have people believe it when the snp have bac ked plenty of authoritarian ideas along the waymost recent was curfews for men to keep women safe

I don't think "the SNP" have "backed" that at all. One MP suggested it might be considered in certain very limited circumstances.

I believe it was originally suggested by a Green Party Peer. In no meaningful way was it "backed by the SNP"

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

while sturgeon hadnt reported a sex pest

That would be before she was conspiring to frame him, I take it?

2 hours ago, LJS said:

I don't think "the SNP" have "backed" that at all. One MP suggested it might be considered in certain very limited circumstances.

I believe it was originally suggested by a Green Party Peer. In no meaningful way was it "backed by the SNP"

Did anyon eever think she was conspitring to frsme him? Qpsart from the salmond fanclub membership of two names of alex and vlad. 

2 hours ago, LJS said:

The bsnp did do that nsamed person thing for chilren which is hardly about the govt trusting the people. 

58 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Did anyon eever think she was conspitring to frsme him? Qpsart from the salmond fanclub membership of two names of alex and vlad. 

On 9/26/2020 at 7:25 AM, eFestivals said:

Salmond cover up: either he's a man with wandering hands (or much worse) that the SNP covered up or he's been set-up by the SNP and they've covered that up. There are no possibilities outside of those by the SNP's own admissions.

True stuff. 

• Upvote 1

Just received a Scottish Conservative election leaflet.

It mentions "referendum" 20 times.

It also mentions the SNP 20 times.

It has no other policy to offer unless you count a couple of vague references to "focusing on recovery"

It makes absolutely no effort to persuade me to vote Tory in my constituency - doesn't even tell me if I have a candidate or who that might be.

In fact the only reference to the constituency vote at all is when they implore me to vote Tory on the list no matter who I am voting for in the constituency.

Desperate stuff & a real danger of putting all their Unionist eggs in one UK basket.

In other news, 2 more polls out today have the Peoples Front for the Liberation of Alex languishing at 2-3% of the vote.

Terribly sad 🙂🤣

On 4/6/2021 at 7:05 AM, mcshed said:

Maybe get Tommy Sheridan along for a full set of Scotland's political embarrassments. 

It's got quite a number fighting the tories for most embarrassing politicians.

On 4/6/2021 at 7:05 AM, mcshed said:

I assumed before writing this than Tommy would be on the lists with some new forgettable nonsense but I see the Action For Independence that he was standing for has stepped aside for Alba and Sheridan himself has joined Alex Salmond.

2 hours ago, LJS said:

Just received a Scottish Conservative election leaflet.

It mentions "referendum" 20 times.

It also mentions the SNP 20 times.

Are you trying to pretend it's not about a ref does the SNP have any other polcyapart from fucking education.

It has no other policy to offer unless you count a couple of vague references to "focusing on recovery"

It makes absolutely no effort to persuade me to vote Tory in my constituency - doesn't even tell me if I have a candidate or who that might be.

In fact the only reference to the constituency vote at all is when they implore me to vote Tory on the list no matter who I am voting for in the constituency.

Desperate stuff & a real danger of putting all their Unionist eggs in one UK basket.

In other news, 2 more polls out today have the Peoples Front for the Liberation of Alex languishing at 2-3% of the vote.

Terribly sad 🙂🤣

So you're sad that the sex pests national embarrassment isn't more popular.

Edited by eFestivals

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Are you trying to pretend it's not about a ref does the SNP have any other polcyapart from fucking education.

yes plenty

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So you're sad that the sex pests national embarrassment isn't more popular.

No I am delighted. (hence the smiley laughey things)

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Tryimagining whstyoud be ssuimhg. If the sex pedtswereefrom london parties 

I would be saying exactly what I'm saying now. The gentleman in question should have kept his head down & not set up a political party. I would have been just as delighted if his party looked set to be a complete disaster.