Brand New Music - that ticks all the boxes

Guest bamber

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youth Lagoon, a bit morose by my tastes, but please champion anything 2011 that you love here, and post videos. I honestly don't want to be the only one in this thread making calls. There are apparently 500 - 600 English language singles released every week, there is plenty to love and share.

Edited by bamber

I don't know how to do the YouTube link stuff here, but check out Mirrors, and the song A fear of Drowning. Great electronic music, and they opened the Oxlyers one night this year. Great stuff, they were all struggling after a big night out the night before but it sounded great. Not many there unfortunately, a bit too early in the day!

I don't know how to do the YouTube link stuff here, but check out Mirrors, and the song A fear of Drowning. Great electronic music, and they opened the Oxlyers one night this year. Great stuff, they were all struggling after a big night out the night before but it sounded great. Not many there unfortunately, a bit too early in the day!

My two entries, this albums been one of the gem's of the year for me;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glIXlwwxi68&ob=av2e

and Lucy Rose as well, big fan of hers. She's done quite a few vocals on the latest BBC album, (even made an appearance with them at Glasto) saw her at Bestival and was one of my highlights sitting up by the bandstand, drew quite a crowd considering she was up against magnetic man I believe? who I'm told the kids are quite fond of :)

To counteract all the bullshit being bandied about regarding the notion that there is no new music of any worth.

Bon Iver?

I make a comment that there's zilch that's innovative or original, and to prove my point correct you present me with Bon Iver. :lol::lol:

And ... I saw them, and they were just about the most boring act I saw that summer. In a summer of boring acts.

And yes, I do know just how much people rated their Glasto set, but that's not where I saw them. Even the guy who told me how great their Glasto set was had to admit how boring they were that time.