Hop Farm 2012

Guest yasgursfarmhand

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest, do you have anything to suggest NY will be anywhere in Europe this summer, or were they just hopeful offers?

I've not heard of any Europe shows at all, so my presumption is that it was a hopeful offer.

Young did one of (the last?) Phoenix's of the past, so if I'd had to guess at who they might have gone for to re-launch it then NY would have been top of my list.

the strongest rumours, going by their facebook page are that there is no festival... also why arent they selling tickets? I mean its end of june so they should be selling by now. V go on sale friday, T in the park today.... both are after hop farm

Im not saying the rumour is true or trying to push it on, it just all seems very iffy.

I have my tickets and I'm not overly fussed who plays. i just love festivals and the atmosphere. But they really need to get a move on, Something is wrong, but what that is i dont know.

Edited by Bar Bar Bar

Hop Farm didn't even announce they had a third day til late last year...infact was it last year or the year before it started off as a one day event again? :P

Relax its all in hand, they had early bird tickets on sale and it was only a couple of people on facebooking saying they heard vince had something, I done a quick google and saw nothing and that statement could be related to the suposed return of Pheonix that is no longer happening.

Something that JUST occurred to me... Now I know Radiohead have said they will be doing their own shows in the UK this year - in fact I've pointed this out almost every time someone has suggested Radiohead in other threads...

BUT it's very clear that they will be doing a UK arena tour in Sept/Oct time. And it's also very clear that they're touring a lot of Europe this summer, including festivals, with the UK being a major omission... So why couldn't they do one UK date this summer, and follow it up with an arena tour later on?

Hence, I'm guessing - Radiohead for Hop Farm 2012. Arena dates announced within the next few weeks, sell out quickly, followed up by an announcement of another English date in the summer which goes on to sell out due to the demand for the arena dates! Done! :-)

I agree about Bestival - it would fit better timing wise and also a Radiohead / Sigur Ros bill would just be lovely. I can't see it for Hop Farm, they're playing in Italy on the Saturday and Sunday so would only work on the Friday and even then would be rushed. Not that I wouldn't love it to happen, but just don't think it will.

Hop Farm didn't even announce they had a third day til late last year...infact was it last year or the year before it started off as a one day event again? :P

Relax its all in hand, they had early bird tickets on sale and it was only a couple of people on facebooking saying they heard vince had something, I done a quick google and saw nothing and that statement could be related to the suposed return of Pheonix that is no longer happening.

What were the supposed acts for phoenix festival. if thats fell through maybe they'll be for Hop Farm?

as far as I'm aware, there weren't any. The only names I heard of were for headline acts that they failed to book, and the way things were said to me sounded as tho there was no Hop Farm option. One of the acts they tried for certainly won't be at Hop Farm.

Seriously what is going on with this festival? Vince needs to sort it out. I was pretty much certain that after last year I'd be attending again, even if it was only for the day, but the way things are at the moment most of my summer budget has been spent else where & I should imagine a lot of people will feel the same.

Christ knows, but it's got to be some serious f*ck up. They've been saying for weeks they were just about to announce the headliners and - as you say - meanwhile every other festival is declaring. They really are going to be left with ouef on their faces. If it was anyone else I'd have assumed that they didn't know how to run a business and it was about to be cancelled, but you kind of think he must know what he's doing.

Neil, is it the last of the major pre-August UK festivals to announce?

I'm assuming HRC & Hop Farm maybe sharing a headliner & they're having some sort of problem securing them? I dunno if Neil can spread any light on this?

It just seems strange, as you say Vince is always a man with a plan... but about 6 months ago people where talking about the possible re-launch of the Phoenix as well as Hop Farm, what hope is there of that ever coming off if he can't even make a decent announcement for the already established Hop Farm. I hope we hear something soon, because it was one of, if not my absolute favourite festival last year.