The Talk About Whatever You Like Forum Until We Know Who Is Playing At No Direction Home

Guest GeordieMartin

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm...admittedly I don't know some of these, but my first thought when I saw it was 'ahh mostly EOTR castoffs' Ok, maybe castoffs is the wrong word, but you know what I mean...lots of ex EOTRers. I love the Low Anthem, but I've seen them a handful of times before and there's not enought yet to make me consider it.

Mmm...admittedly I don't know some of these, but my first thought when I saw it was 'ahh mostly EOTR castoffs' Ok, maybe castoffs is the wrong word, but you know what I mean...lots of ex EOTRers. I love the Low Anthem, but I've seen them a handful of times before and there's not enought yet to make me consider it.

Andrew Bird, Yes!

Beth Jeans Houghton & the Hooves of Destiny, researching

David Thomas Broughton, researching

Diagrams, Great at EOTR, happy to see again.

Dirty Three, researching

Django Django, researching

Gruff Rhys, Yes!

Lanterns on the Lake, enjoyed at EOTR, happy to see again now I know the album. These guys are going to be big, I tell ya!

The Low Anthem, Yes!

Liz Green, researching

Martin Carthy, Yes!

Martin Simpson, Yes!

Moon Duo, researching

Slow Club, researching

Spectrals, researching

The Unthanks with Brighouse & Rastrick Brass Band, Always yes!

Veronica Falls, researching

I think it's good to have an EOTR artist overlap, particularly as those shown were notable successes.

I guess you can be equally attracted to the NDH line-up by some familiar favourites (Unthanks and Lanterns in my case), and the chance to discover music you're completely unfamilar with (half the line-up for me). Looking forward to the Andrew Bird LP just arrived (in my dustbin !) and thinking £89 very well spent.

"i predict pp and seadragon regretting the £89 price tag missed opportunity when other lives, woods, felice brothers and jtp are all announced ;) (and anyway, less of the selective posting, where are your top 15's?)"

Are you trying to provoke me into giving the game away? You know I cannot go.....

Do you really think I should miss a wedding in order to see the Unthanks WITH a brass band?

Sorry when I say a wedding I meant MY WEDDING, and bugger that now means I cannot invite you or GTG to be Best Man. Happy Christmas all xx

Edited by perfectpassion

Are you trying to provoke me into giving the game away? You know I cannot go.....

Do you really think I should miss a wedding in order to see the Unthanks WITH a brass band?

Sorry when I say a wedding I meant MY WEDDING, and bugger that now means I cannot invite you or GTG to be Best Man. Happy Christmas all xx

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at going, it looks really good. The Low Anthem headlining would be so good.

Any idea when any other acts are announced/who else is headlining?

Are Low Anthem on the Friday night too?

Edited by Joe-