1. 1. Will you be going to Reading /Leeds 2012

• Yes
    • No ill be going to a different festival
    • no thats it for festivals

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went this year for the 13th time in a row - had a great time and didn't feel that old (im 30) - depends if it bothers you that much that there are loads of young people.

I'll probably go again, although I do agree with some of the comments about getting in and out of the site, why they won't re-open that richfield avenue bit that used to be the main entrance is bizzare....takes ages (esp when you are camped in orange!) - to get through the site and out then up to town.

Did feel old though when some kid came and sat round our fire thursday night....he drinking, smoking and gurning on pills - when were you born mate? "may 1995" was the answer! :O

First went to Leeds 2005 and said that 2010 was the last year I was going because it was just too much hassle putting up with all the t*ats.

Ended up getting last minute tickets for £100 each and went down Thursday after work, camped in Brown and enjoyed it much more than 2010. Everyone up in Brown was really friendly and it was only an extra 10 minutes walk to the arena compared to orange/red.

Might even end up back next year if line up is great, if it isn't then hopefully it won't sell out again and I can get a last minute cheap ticket again, win/win situation :)

there were definately more older people there this year which makes 42 year olds like me feel a bit better.i always feel a bit guilty complaining about 16 and 17 year olds at the festival as i was that age when i first went to donnington(i thought i was well cool going to donnington at that age but was unaware that the older people were prob slagging me and my mates off for being too young)

Glasto wont make a huge difference but one of the problems this year was people weren't excited over the line up particularly the headliners and that will probably change next year and traditionally R&L does sell well. If you go back to when Glasto tixs were slow to move the next year it was back to normal.

yep its the first year for a while where tickets were slow in selling.

Its not just about the headliners though, the whole lineup needs to be a tad more exciting. lets take foo fighters they will headline next year but its not actully an exclusive booking is it? of course you got the big fans who want to see them all the time but for the average fan if you wanted to see them this year you would of. Will next years headliners be as big as this years? debatable.

I think Foos are certs to be exclusive, they played everything they would be likely to this year. Even if you have a band like Foos who have toured heavily it's still more impressive than MCR & Strokes who's status is questionable as headliners. I think it will be quite easy to get headliners bigger than this years, even if it's Bloc & Biffy (the 2 smallest potential headliners being mentioned atm) there would still be more interest than MCR & Strokes.

MCR didn't sell out any of the dates on their tour after a 3 year absence and the new album sold poorly (this was the daily arguement of the forum in the build up to R&L), the emo scene they were apart of has moved on. The main reason they got the headline slot was FR were expecting them to come back as strong as they left which wasn't the case. Both Bloc and Biffy would get a for more buzz going and I expect at least one of them to only sub next year.

yep its the first year for a while where tickets were slow in selling.

Its not just about the headliners though, the whole lineup needs to be a tad more exciting. lets take foo fighters they will headline next year but its not actully an exclusive booking is it? of course you got the big fans who want to see them all the time but for the average fan if you wanted to see them this year you would of. Will next years headliners be as big as this years? debatable.

I think this one is hard to judge as depending on taste, I think if you love the band and want to see them over a lot of who could be got then its just as big or bigger. Take 08 for example, I was only actually bothered with The Killers, RATM and Metallica was huge but wasn't big for me, I enjoyed Tallica but RATM are only for me I saw them.

I think Foos are certs to be exclusive, they played everything they would be likely to this year. Even if you have a band like Foos who have toured heavily it's still more impressive than MCR & Strokes who's status is questionable as headliners. I think it will be quite easy to get headliners bigger than this years, even if it's Bloc & Biffy (the 2 smallest potential headliners being mentioned atm) there would still be more interest than MCR & Strokes.

I don't think Bloc and Biffy would have more interest than MCR & Strokes. The reason, imo, tickets didn't sell, was because of the awful undercard. If you had the same headliners, with a better undercard, they would have sold out very very quickly. I don't understand how Strokes' status as headliners is questionable? MCR were just making the step up, but if there was ever a place to do it, it's R&L, as they share a lot of the same crowd.

Edited by jump

Personally I can see tickets being freely available again next year unless the line up is amazing and full of big names or bands that are really exclusive and have not played every UK festival going in the past few years, the economic climate is not going to improve much (if at all) between now and March, the higher Uni fees kicks in now which will have an impact and the price of the festival is not going to go down based on the pre-sale at last years prices so I find it hard to see why things will improve for R&L?

I cannot see say the Foo Fighters selling out the festival as they've played every festival going and are no different to Muse in status, popularity and re-cycling.

I'm very surprised that given that the organisers blamed finances rather than the poor line up as the reason thousands of tickets did not sell (especially at Leeds) that they have not tried to address that problem and offer tickets at last years prices with payment made on a monthly instalment basis to try to help people afford purchasing tickets rather than have to pay £200 + in one go next March.