Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a week! I said that this year would be my last but sitting here utterly destroyed and feeling the beni blues I may have to reconsider. As always, camping was tough. Hopefully some of you saw us (group of lads on the main path with paddling pool, bunting and held nightly 'street parties'). The rest of my group want to get a hotel next year but I think the banter and comeradery of camping is worth the 1 hour sleep a night and endless suffering in the heat. What do you guys think?

In terms of the music, I was one of those moaning on here about the lineup and I can now say i was a dick. Every act I saw was f*cking amazing and even those i didnt want to see blew me away. Dont judge me, I only went to the mainstream sort of stuff. When im on it i like to sing to stuff I know, even if I know its pop shite! Noel Gallacher for me was the best act, Noel was so f*ckin cooland Stone Roses smashed it. I got to see some of Dizzee Rascal and it felt like i was in the london riots (in a good way). We had a mosh pit with a wheelie bin which we ended up dancing on top of. My surprises were jessie j who owned the stage and ed sheerhan, which i hate to say, was one of the best experiences sitting on the grass and chilling to a-team. My hands down best experience was David Guetta. He absoulutely killed it! The music and lights mixed with a few ingredients of my own led to me dancing as hard as I f*cking could for what felt like a few hours.

For those of you who dabbled in some 'vices' i sincerely hope you checked out the trident senses stage from about 4 onwards. I found myself dancing to some insane bass music until 7 o clock every morning! The Chase and Status mosh pit will be an exprience ill never forget (couldnt tell you abou their music and de la soul did a great job making up for the disappointment of missing florence.

Dont really know why im writing all this sh*t, but I could ramble on forever and wanted to tell anyone who will listen. The question is, should I go back next year? and should I camp?

Second time at Beni, even though lineup wasn't quite as good on paper, the experience pissed all over the other time. Glad i got a hotel this time, makes such a difference having a bed and air con to recharge with in the daytime. But my god didn't the Roses smash it, also notable mentions for New Order, Guetta, Example, Maccabees and Miles Kane...

CANT WAIT til next year!!

To coin a phrase from Miles...IM COUNTING DOWN THE DAYSSSSS!

Second time at Beni, even though lineup wasn't quite as good on paper, the experience pissed all over the other time. Glad i got a hotel this time, makes such a difference having a bed and air con to recharge with in the daytime. But my god didn't the Roses smash it, also notable mentions for New Order, Guetta, Example, Maccabees and Miles Kane...

CANT WAIT til next year!!

To coin a phrase from Miles...IM COUNTING DOWN THE DAYSSSSS!

Edited by thetime

For those of you who dabbled in some 'vices' i sincerely hope you checked out the trident senses stage from about 4 onwards. I found myself dancing to some insane bass music until 7 o clock every morning! The Chase and Status mosh pit will be an exprience ill never forget (couldnt tell you abou their music and de la soul did a great job making up for the disappointment of missing florence.

Dont really know why im writing all this sh*t, but I could ramble on forever and wanted to tell anyone who will listen. The question is, should I go back next year? and should I camp?

What a week!!! Im still recovering, we came back on Wednesday and spent tuesday in the water park which was really quiet.

We stayed in Marina D'Or it wasnt a problem getting to and from the site, illegal taxi's were 15-20 euros which split between you all was fuck all.

Highlight of the week has to be Noel (best act of the week) followed by the Roses, they were bang on.

Surprise of the week was Katy B, I went along with a few mates as they all wanted to see her and came away buzzing.

The MD we got hold of every night was decent but I heard stories of people paying money for nothing more than gravel.

I would recommend staying in a hotel if possible as you get a few hours kip before getting up at lunch time and heading to the beach.

Overall it was one of the best experiences of my life, ive made some amazing new mates. We had a meeting point sorted on the grass near the pringles van which mean we could all wander off, do our own thing then come back to meet everyone.

One last comment, the sound seemed to be absolutely prefect for every act, hats of to FIB.

I think it was £125 each with 6 people sharing an apartment. we booked with booking.com. Like I said we stayed in Marina D'Or which was 10 minutes away in a taxi (decent beach, few bars but not a great deal else there), I think we are going to go next year and will probably pay extra to stay in a hotel in Beni itself.

We paid £999 for 7 days in a 6 person apartment, it was 15 mins walk from the festival and right on the beach, by a supermarket, loads of restaurants and bars. We booked through EuFest and I think they start putting properties up around January.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone book (and subsequently have their apartment booking moved out of town) with ######? We are still chasing a refund from them and are having real difficulty getting hold of them. Is anyone else in the same boat?