PULP

Guest Vogue

HOW GOOD WERE THEY?! It was the gig of my life, they were on top form and Jarvis' chatting and handing out chocolates between songs was just brilliant and hilarious. I loved that (for me, at least) no one around me seemed to be sure of who would walk out on stage, there was a lot of talk of arctic monkeys, and so when the beatbox-guy said 'special guests....PULP' it went absolutely mad. A brilliant feeling.

Only criticism- about the stage rather than the band, I was near the front and could barely see. The view for everyone could be improved if the stage were raised a few feet I think, and maybe some screens. Also, it was seriously rammed and there was no way anyone could have easily left the crowd, would be a worrying experience if someone had to urgently get out.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW GOOD WERE THEY?! It was the gig of my life, they were on top form and Jarvis' chatting and handing out chocolates between songs was just brilliant and hilarious. I loved that (for me, at least) no one around me seemed to be sure of who would walk out on stage, there was a lot of talk of arctic monkeys, and so when the beatbox-guy said 'special guests....PULP' it went absolutely mad. A brilliant feeling.

Only criticism- about the stage rather than the band, I was near the front and could barely see. The view for everyone could be improved if the stage were raised a few feet I think, and maybe some screens. Also, it was seriously rammed and there was no way anyone could have easily left the crowd, would be a worrying experience if someone had to urgently get out.

We were camped about 30 meters up the middle path of Pennards and were told that the campsite was closed as people were using it as a shortcut to access the already (clearly) full Park. All I wanted was my wallet!

Not sad I missed them but golly was that area FULL. You could see the brown stain up the hill from the railway where everyone had trapsed up!

Loved the show - so glad the rumours were true. I was on the raised banking so the view was good, but I can imagine it must have been a crush further down as the whole area got so crowded. I don't think the organisers would have been too popular if they had closed the area earlier though. A tough balancing act.

Edited by 123ginge

this thread is gonna kill me, but I went to the park for B.A.D. and couldn't see them play at all so I just left. Didn't matter to me if the rolling stones turned up, I couldn't see f**k all despite not being that far away. But yeah, I am a sour sod for missing Pulp.

this thread is gonna kill me, but I went to the park for B.A.D. and couldn't see them play at all so I just left. Didn't matter to me if the rolling stones turned up, I couldn't see f**k all despite not being that far away. But yeah, I am a sour sod for missing Pulp.

BAD were on friday, Pulp on saturday

We went to BAD, we were stood near the front through out the gig, when it ended I turned around to see a mass of people, I knew this was for radiohead, so got the f*ck out of there, quick snap ;)

Found out they shut the park down, so for Pulp we got there about 1 1/2 hour early and it was still busy, but best gig of the week :)

Pulp were brilliant. I went to see them as I watched them at IoW so I knew they would be great! I could just about see the stage, which was a much bigger improvement than Friday as nobody could see where we were standing. When they came out everyone near the front began to cheer and the rest of us were in painful suspense, hoping it was Radiohead. We didn't actually find out till Thom York literally said into the microphone "Alright, we're Radiohead" :P