Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam was widely seen as the most talented contestant that year. The fact that he did not win is irrelevant. There are theories that the Christian right rallied around his fellow finalist, Kris Allen, to stop a gay person winning. Also there was some kind of voting scandal where apparently 90% of the votes came from Arkansas (Kris Allen's home state).

why people compare American Idol to UK shitXFactor is beyond me. it's a completely different level. much higher, in case u dont know.

Other thing that suprise me is that 90% of ppl here are moaning about Queen and Lambert and nobody seems to moan about some pop/dance crap Chase & Status @ Download. which one of them is more suitable to play at ROCK festival? 1/2 of Queen with some guy from American Idol OR Chase & Status

why people compare American Idol to UK shitXFactor is beyond me. it's a completely different level. much higher, in case u dont know.

Other thing that suprise me is that 90% of ppl here are moaning about Queen and Lambert and nobody seems to moan about some pop/dance crap Chase & Status @ Download. which one of them is more suitable to play at ROCK festival? 1/2 of Queen with some guy from American Idol OR Chase & Status

But he does not say he will not do a 'one off' gig which as far as I am aware this is going to be?

As for people comparing Adam Lambert with Chase and Status, whether you like C & S or not, they have worked their arses off playing every shit hole in the UK to get to play second on the bill at Download, you cannot compare someone who has shot to fame via a reality tv show to them. Whether Drum and Bass should be playing at Download is another argument.

If Biffy Clyro with Matt Cardle or Rage against The Machine with Joe McElderry were playing Download then I could understand a comparison <_<

Mark Hoppus LIVES in London.

I'm almost certain they won't be headlining Sonisphere this year. They just added a new date on the same weekend, and are headlining the far smaller Eden Sessions on the same weekend too, couple that with the massive arena tour, there's no good reason to suggest they'd be headlining a major UK festival this year. They might be booked as undercard at a push - but that's very unlikely.

I'm almost certain they won't be headlining Sonisphere this year. They just added a new date on the same weekend, and are headlining the far smaller Eden Sessions on the same weekend too, couple that with the massive arena tour, there's no good reason to suggest they'd be headlining a major UK festival this year. They might be booked as undercard at a push - but that's very unlikely.

Blink could play seen as it had come to light that soni still had not got there 3rd headliner last week. Also green day won't headline as billie Joe tweeted a while bk that they would not do festivals in the near future and there recording a new album at present. And 1 more point green day would never play somewhere with blink after they toured together years ago and the 2 bands fell out as billie Joe claimed to get sick of blinks arrogance

It hasnt come to light they dont have a 3rd headliner...efests speculatedthat may be the case. But then they only caught wind of the Queen/FNM rumours recently despite the fact I posted about both 2 months ago so theyd been in line to play for a while.

Yeah they toured ages sgo and Blink broke up to ages ago. Things change

Your right things do change but being a huge green day fan like I am I can tell you that green days hatred of blink is massive and that won't change. But I can assure you green day will not play this year. Also I would like to point out many people say blink would never headline, yet I believe they headlines reading festival, which in all accounts is a bigger festival yet faith no more only managed to headline the second stage at reading. So how does that work? If fnm are big enough then blink are big enough.

Because Faith No More played Reading out of convenience that year, they headlined download which you failed to mention. Blink have a MASSIVE arena tour this summer,.they didnt when they played Reading in 2010. It was also one of their first shows back since reuniting. This year they have a massive arena tour and just added a southern date on Soni weekend and a 6000 person festival headline date on soni weekend too. Theyd have no draw as a headliner. Hell even last year they werent headlining TITP and it was set to be their only Scottish date of the tour. At a push and out of convenience they may play undercard on Friday - but not headline.

As for Green Day it was merely a suggestion, it wont happen as GD are unlikely for any fest but I doubt they still hate Blink as much as they used to

I know. But it just goes to show they can be booked in a non-headlining spot. As I already said, the only festival they are headlining so far is Eden Sessions which has a capacity of 6.000, that's 10 times smaller than Sonisphere. Because they have such a big tour this summer, and because they just added extra dates on sonisphere's weekend, they won't be headlining, if they hadn't added those extra dates then I'd maybe think it was still possible, but it's pretty much ruled out now.