Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I meant to put Co-Headline :L with someone like Machine Head or Trivium or Avenged. And have a strong undercard too.

But that aside, going back to the KISS, RATM, Green Day topic, i was just having a little think and came up with this, what do you reckon?

KISS

Marilyn Manson

Lamb of God

Wolfmother

Black Veil Brides

Rage Against The Machine

Soundgarden

Cypress Hill

Rise Against

Bring Me The Horizon

Hollywood Undead

Cancer Bats

Green Day

The Offspring

Enter Shikari

Mastodon

Less Than Jake

New Found Glory

Falling In Reverse

And then second stage headliners Rob Zombie, Trivium and Paramore?

Edited by JIM-182

If Soni pull another "a band that's never headlined, you might not think they can, but after watching them here you'll change your mind" like this year then I see no reason why BFMV couldn't headline.

However I don't think they'll do that unless two of the headliners are bank breakers. Which they could be if the bands mentioned on here come to fruition.

If Soni pull another "a band that's never headlined, you might not think they can, but after watching them here you'll change your mind" like this year then I see no reason why BFMV couldn't headline.

However I don't think they'll do that unless two of the headliners are bank breakers. Which they could be if the bands mentioned on here come to fruition.

Edited by JIM-182

You don't need to have charisma and stage presence to headline a festival. Arctic Monkeys tend to lack both but they headline everywhere they go. Biffy this year didn't have masses of crowd interaction or moving around the stage, but they were the second best band I've seen. BFMV are just as likely to headline as A7X.

as i've said before, and will say again (mind you wasn't on this forum) BFMV will headline after a new album, they've got the popularity but just need to stop touring for a few years to get back the demand. from what i can gather they have improved massively on their live show as well cause when i saw them at wembley arena they were solid.

why do you think they won't headline / got as far as they will go.

i do agree about not headlining next year though, they've toured the shit out of everywhere...

I do think both A7X and BFMV will headline one day, but both only subbed Download this year and neither is capable of selling out an arena tour yet. There are bigger bands that haven't headlined (NIN, placebo etc..). No good reason to give them the boost up to headliner just yet, maybe after another album.

Yeah, it wasn't that many dates though and had strong support (Atreyu and BMTH), hence why they aren't quite there yet, but they are the biggest British metal band since Maiden I reckon so they'll get there eventually. Similar with A7X, they did a longer tour (in genrally smaller venues, did the same arena here in Scotland). Mostly sold out the venues but they had Stone Sour who are almost as big as support (and A7X don;t tour often as it is), hence why they aren't quite there yet. Like you say, wouldn't surprise me if it happened in 2013 maybe after a year out and a new album to build up more hype. But can't see it happening in 2012, unless with a strong sub as a sort of co-headline deal and the other 2 headliners were massive...and it was their only show in the UK/europe that year.

they will. AC has replied to tweets asking him will bullet headline in the future with another solid album. his reply? yes without a doubt.

just because you don't think/want them to doesn't mean they wont.

has been said before will be said again, possibly the biggest metal band to surface in the country since maiden - doubt they will get to that stature but still if they get anywhere near it then its a huge success.