Park, spesh guests on friday...

Guest cejx

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to be proved wrong but Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, Strokes, Killers?

Look back at the Special Guests over the last few festivals and apart from Thom Yorke there is no one of that calibre at all and even he didn't bring the whole of Radiohead with him. NERD, Klaxons, Hard-Fi, Biffy Clyre, The Dead Weather, Supergrass playing covers.

No offence but I love the fact that you use the word 'realistic' then say it's actually a choice between four of the biggest bands in the world! There is no precedent for this - the biggest full band that's ever done it is probably Franz Ferdinand.

I reckon there might be one biggie but the second will be about the size of, oh I don't know, Biffy Clyro, the Hot Rats, the Dead Weather or The Klaxons...

We'll be bummed if Friday it's either The Killers or Stevie Nicks. Regardless of who it is, we already have so many clashes, that my girlfriend and I are going our separate ways that evening. I'll be at BB King, Morrisey & U2, while she wants to see Jimmy Cliff, Mumford & Sons and Cee Lo.

Although it sounds quite unlikely, we'll take The Killers or Stevie for Saturday night's guest spot, as the other stages really don't have anything which we have to see.

Emily's ability to tell the truth is almost exactly in proportion with The Park's ability to book Pyramid headlining sized acts. I can't imagine where she gets this trait from.

Anyway, apols if I misunderstood - still not sure where the evidence for all this is coming from though.

if it's arctic monkeys,then hell i dont know what i i ll do!

I mean i want to see U2 from a decent spot,but i am also one of the biggest arctic monkeys fans out there!

I guess they will play the same setlist that they played on Radio's 1 weekend ( http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2011/bbc-radio-1s-big-weekend-2011-carlisle-england-7bd3e614.html )

So i guess i will see the half of the setlist so i can make it on time when morrissey finishes his slot,in order to get a decent spot for U2

But then the slot is for 1 hour and 15 minutes!! So almost a headline slot!Grrrrrr

But they won't play.They won't.

Virtual Festivals announced that they think its Arctics and Pulp earlier today....

http://www.I'M A DESPERATE SPAMMER.com/latest/features/10620

I don't like to call the site but they did right a piece last year saying they had heard that Nine Inch Nails were going to headline the lock up stage at R & L which was just plain crazy and bullshit and someone who posts on here also sent them some bum info that they published, but maybe this time they are right.....

obviously this site does not like vi rtual festivals website posted on here, though i can definitely say i am not a desperate spammer ;)

Edited by she bangs the drums

if it's arctic monkeys,then hell i dont know what i i ll do!

I mean i want to see U2 from a decent spot,but i am also one of the biggest arctic monkeys fans out there!

I guess they will play the same setlist that they played on Radio's 1 weekend ( http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2011/bbc-radio-1s-big-weekend-2011-carlisle-england-7bd3e614.html )

So i guess i will see the half of the setlist so i can make it on time when morrissey finishes his slot,in order to get a decent spot for U2

But then the slot is for 1 hour and 15 minutes!! So almost a headline slot!Grrrrrr

But they won't play.They won't.

Like a previous poster said - look at the history. I wouldn't have thought it was likely to be any of these bands. Last year everyone was saying The Strokes were going to be on at The Park as special guests and it turned out to be Biffy Clyro! Not quite the same... I think other names were also being touted around then as well. I know Coldplay were definitely mentioned!

Don't think they'd mind playing Glasto too much seeing as they've been there as punters and performers before and they're free on both Friday & Saturday.

In terms of the setlist, how long a slot do the special guests get? Their setlist when I saw them in Sheffield last weekend was amazing but obviously they won't be getting 1hr45 or so like then.

Edited by pea tear griffin