Absolutely gutted

Guest disasterplan

I'll spare you the full details but to summarise, seetickets cocked up with my girlfriend's registration and even though we got through for others in both resales, she's now the only one without a ticket, in a group of somewhere between 25 and 30.

We've tried contacting seetickets, as their staff stalled us and stalled us until after the final resale, and we've also tried the Glastonbury office but neither will help us.

I'm working every single contact I can think to try getting her in - working, paying, as a guest... but I'm starting to run out of ideas. I've been going since 2004 (I went on my own that year) and even moved to this country in 2008 to be closer to the festival. Glastonbury and her and the two most important things to me, and they're apparently incompatible.

Anyway. If anyone out there has anything at all they can try, no matter how tenuous the link is, karma will make sure you're sufficiently rewarded (plus we'll get your drinks all weekend!). Please PM if you have any ideas at all.

===EDIT===

If you wanna help us out, please enter the 6Music competition to win FOUR tickets to the fest. That still leaves three others that could go as well, plus we'd buy your drinks all weekend if you could help us out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/events/glastonbury-2011/

The answer is A ;)

===EDIT===

If you're one of the lucky ones and need any further details, text me on 07790420985 and I'll get back to you asap.

Edited by disasterplan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen a couple of people on here selling tickets at face value due to changes in circumstances so look for them and keep eye out for more, will obviously have to look like them and borrow some ID?

Might be tickets for sale on gumtree or eBay probably touts and rip off merchants though!

Might still be able to get the VIP tickets for £400 - £500 there's a web site somewhere??

Follow all the glasto related twitter feeds they recently annouced they wanted more workers, quickest way to find out and apply.

Good luck!

Yeah I heard about the recycling thing pretty quickly but even by then they'd snapped up all the free spots.

There's an option of a ticket but I'm 50-50 of the photo on it and fully aware there's major consequences if you get caught doing anything dodgy. I have a couple of contacts in the village who are gonna tip me off if anything opens up but I don't know how likely that is.

BBC 6Music competition has to be it! IF anyone reads this and takes pity on us please enter it and let me know if you're one of the lucky winners!

Just in case...what is your girlfriend's name so that it can be included when BBC6 ring one of us with the winning good news and asking for details?

Wow, thank you all so much, this sort of thing is why Glastonbury punters are the best of any festival around. Respect.

If they ring you on... Thursday or Friday, I think it is, her name is Sian Conway. I think we have 20 or so entries already from the people we're camping with, so I'm crossing my fingers :D

yep entered for you.....got me pals to do it too. good luck...surely one of us lot has to win!! saying that I have never won anything in me life....no better place to start! :)