Ive Found Out Whos Headlining The Other Stage On Sunday!

Guest nufc1978

Guest blackcockerel

I thought it was unlikely we'd see Pulp as soon as they were announced as headlining Leeds. A real pity and I must say at this stage I'm adding my voice to the choir of those needing an announcement to cheer me up. And even more pleased that I'm going to get to see Pulp at Primavera. Really sorry for everybody who's going to have to go to either Wireless or Leeds. Ugh.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. And on the date of R&L announcement there was a forum topic on this site in the R&L section headlined "The National" with description "Who?" on there.

Followed by the odd link to tunes of their's and responses along the lines of "I listened to 30 seconds of that and then facepalmed".

I was dreading this news, but I was thinking it was strange that Pulp hadnt been leaked as playing glasto. It seemed less and less likely they wouldnt be playing as time went by.

I wonder why they arent though? Perhaps Jarvis and the band just dont give a shite about glastonbury. Perhaps to them it is "just another festival".

Sad if true

Guest blackcockerel

Both sound unbelievable but it seems most likely that Pulp want the money sadly. Perhaps Jarvis can justify that by doing his radio show and DJing separately.

This.

I'm missing Primal Scream because I think U2 will be an real event. Saw Elbow already this year, not interested in Beyonce/Coldplay, Mumford.

So there's BB King floating around, Chems (who whilst good... I doubt will have anything I haven's seen before). Anyone else? Daddy needs sugar.

No it didn't? Are you aware of what deals they have or haven't done?

U2 probably demand more money than any other band in the world (Stones excluded). So yes, a large chunk of budget will have gone on them even if they dropped their price considerably.

Bugger, just paid for Glasto tickets today as well.

I'd resigned myself to the corporate stadium that is U2, planned to avoid Coldplay altogether especially as might have to endure Mrs Martin singing and convinced myself I'd enjoy the poptastic Ms Knowles. Elbow and Mumford and Sons are pleasant enough but now Kai$haaaaaaaaaargh

There is BB King and Jimmy Cliff I suppose but was genuinely excited about seeing Pulp :(

feels like its turning into T4 does O2 f**kery

I'd resigned myself to the corporate stadium that is U2, planned to avoid Coldplay altogether especially as might have to endure Mrs Martin singing and convinced myself I'd enjoy the poptastic Ms Knowles. Elbow and Mumford and Sons are pleasant enough but now Kai$haaaaaaaaaargh

There is BB King and Jimmy Cliff I suppose but was genuinely excited about seeing Pulp :(

You're keen to point out that you dislike the mainstream/pop music, yet unwilling to try any of the dozens of other stages that aren't the Main or the Other?

Go to see Afrocubism at West Holts.

(Admittedly, they've yet to confirm.....but I bet they're there)

Maybe Pulp do have principles and a love for Glastonbury - which is why they wouldn't take a slot that meant lower billing than Beyoncnull and her average pop music because it's just wrong.

Then again, they're prepared to play before The Strokes at Reading so maybe not.

IM SHOCKED! :O Damn, thought they were nailed on to play somewhere.. May have to go Reading afterall.. <_<

We have any ideas who are going to play instead? Neil, still thinking that Underworld are a likely alternative?