2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After this v announcement what's your view on FATM for r/l Neil?

I'd say it's more than a possibility.

She's got to be doing either R/L, or Bestival, or Hop Farm (or a combination) - they're about the only ones left that she could be at.

I guess it's possible that she might be in the next names announced for V, but I can't think why they'd hold her name back when she's already been announced for T.

The only reason people think it's FATM is because Neil. There's no reason to think it.

Flo will be playing somewhere - and that 'somewhere' is now narrowed down to R/L, Hop Farm, or Bestival.

To me the most obviously likely of those three is R/L, because Melvin was happy to be the first to give Flo a headline slot (at Latitude 2 years ago). Bumping her up to a bigger headline slot at a bigger festival when she's become a bigger act really isn't a stretch too far - particularly as the booking might well have been done before her 2nd album was released, so a presumption would have had to be made on how big it might make her.

So while I'm not betting my kid on it being Flo that's headlining R/L, there's plenty of reason to think she could be. To say there's no reason is just stupid.

Neil didn't u say a while back something along the lines of, well looks like you guys avoided screaming flo this year?

If so what made you say that

Yep, I said that - it was based on her announcing a gig in Ireland with Snore Patrol on T in the Park weekend, which just about nailed both those bands on for T, and made it look exceedingly likely they'd both be at V too. What links those three shows is the promoter MCD (a shareholder in all three of those).

With Snore Patrol announced for V but not Flo it now looks as tho Flo is almost certainly playing somewhere else in England on an exclusive basis - and about the only fest with the clout for that exclusive is R/L.