2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

If the Gaslight Anthem stay on there upward trajectory that they are on now they will only be moving up the bill. They are fantastic live aswell. I can't see them playing next year though without an album. If they do bring an album out I can see them playing 3rd top they are a band that R&L like and have played on a number of occasions in recent years. I'd say 2013 is more likely. I could also see them headlining the NME stage.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my latest guess (including nme headliners)

Main

Foo Fighters Bloc Party Green Day

Biffy Clyro Mumford & Sons Lostprophets

NME

Crystal Castles BFMV The Gaslight Anthem

ok i know some placements seem ridiculous but it all depends on new albums and how their popularity changes... no idea who would go under Green Day (if they did play) and i think LP wouldn't be subbing but only time will tell :P

Main

NME

ok i know some placements seem ridiculous but it all depends on new albums and how their popularity changes... no idea who would go under Green Day (if they did play) and i think LP wouldn't be subbing but only time will tell :P

Main

NME

I still see Pendulum as a NME headliner - 3rd on mainstage band. Do they have plans for a new album? I think it'd take that to elevate them to a natural subheadline band. Pixies would be prettyyy damn cool though.

Edited by Tigerdragon

The nationals last album was top 5 while american slang was top 20. The national are headlining lattitude while galsight anthem havent headlined a festival that size in britain or even subbed from my memory. I enjoy gaslight anthem but think their popularity is massively overrated on here. I personally dont think they have really pushed on as much as I thought from playing with the boss at glasto.

I think the springsteen comments are relevant as this was comfortbaly the moment of their career where they got the most publicity in the uk. Everyone knows its publicity more than talent that causes a band to get big and if you have the combination of both then you on to a winner. I personally expected the last album to do better. They seem to be maintaining a fnabase but they dont seem to get the exposure to get more fans and push them up to the next level.

I think the springsteen comments are relevant as this was comfortbaly the moment of their career where they got the most publicity in the uk. Everyone knows its publicity more than talent that causes a band to get big and if you have the combination of both then you on to a winner. I personally expected the last album to do better. They seem to be maintaining a fnabase but they dont seem to get the exposure to get more fans and push them up to the next level.

Right I have a few;

Friday

MAIN

Pearl Jam

Chemical Brothers

Hole

Maximo Park

NME

Mumford & Sons

Temper Trap

Fleet Foxes

Saturday