Biffy Clyro

Lost Prophets

Bullet for my Valentine

Brand New

Eagles of Death Metal

Transplants

Parkway Drive

Rolo Tomassi

There's a world of difference between the situations that Muse and Slipknot are in.

Muse are a genuine headline band, they've headlined before, they've headlined most other UK festivals before, they have massive commercial success and still get a lot of mainstream airplay. Even though their last album was in 2009 because of their touring and exposure they're still recent or relevant, and even if they weren't their status would still mean that they'd be headliners.

Slipknot are not a genuine, automatic headline band and if memory serves me correctly they haven't played above third at R&L before. Sure their last album sold a lot but it was in 2008 abd they don't have the profile of Muse. They're in with the group that also consists of Biffy, Kasabian, QOTSA, etc. where they could be headliners in the right circumstances. Those circumstances for Slipknot would either be new material to boost their profile and make them more attractve to FR (as Melvin Benn banked on happening when he pushed Arcade Fire and MCR up to headline status) or for them to go on some kind of break and hope that their absence and subsequent return would whip up enough interest and desire to see them to make them attractive to Melvin Benn. Maybe a year between Soni 2011 and R&L 2012 would be enough but I doubt it.

Bloc Party

Mumford and Sons

Vampire Weekend

Maximo Park

The Subways

Brother

Beastie Boys

The Flaming Lips

The Ranconteurs

De La Soul

N*E*R*D

Cage the Elephant

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Bullet for my Valentine

The Mars Volta

Sum 41

Killswitch Engage

would be niice!

The headliners could perhaps change.

I'm not convinced that Dizzee followed by Eminem would be the best idea at what is essentially a rock festival though, having them on different days adds a bit more variety to the overall weekend.

Eminem along with Slipknot and KoRn was an acknowledgement to my earlier years of listening a lot to Nu metal and American hip-hop, I know a lot of other people had similar tastes back then so I feel it could work. Also I like the all British feel of the Friday how it is and Eminem would upset the balance a bit.

Foo Fighters don't completely fit in with the rest of their day but it was a similar situation when they played in 2005 and the days don't always have a constant theme to them anyway.

I agree that KoRn isn't the most likely option but there always tend to a be a few like that, that aren't such obvious choices.