2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But my point is as a band gets older they are more likely to release worse albums than better albums. For lost prophets to move up the bill again, they will probably need radio 1 support and from experience once radio 1 have lost interest in a band, they very rarely get it back.

hmmm... i diasagree with a few comments...

bands tend to get less popualr/successful as they get older...

Red Hot Chili Peppers didnt make it "big" till their 5th album.

Also Lostprophets had all 3 singles from the Betrayed on Radio 1 A-list playlist and played the live lounge twice last year and played radio 1 big weekend positioned higher than the likes of cheryl cole, paramore and 30 seconds to mars.... i think they have radio 1s support.

as for thinking they're american rockstars... i dnt think you could be further from the truth... maybe u need to listen to the lyrics on their newest album which seem to be a lot about the Valleys. and as for their humour its Welsh Valleys humour. and at least they dnt act like blink-182 or all time low on stage. or think they are american.. like Bullet for my valentine...

anyways... i know a lot of people would love them higher up the lineup and i often think these forums aren't a good representation of the majority of Readings current demograph

Friday Main:

The Killers + Pixies

Block Party

White Lies

Klaxons

Mogwai

Friday NME:

Lostprophets

All Time Low

Saturday Main:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Or Foo Fighters, you decide)

Weezer

Iggy & The Stooges

Stone Temple Pilots (I don't believe they'd be higher. I don't understand why people think they're headline material)

Saturday NME:

The XX

Band Of Horses

Sunday Main:

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band (not enough legends)

Morrissey

Mumford & Sons

The Gaslight Anthem

Wolfmother

Sunday NME:

MGMT

Secret Machines

Good, if not a little idealistic.

The Maccabees and Brandon would swap places. Brandon would never ever play that low, and I couldn't see him on main myself.

I can't see PJ Harvey ever playing. It's not her demographic unfortunately.

Same with Public Enemy. If they did play, I couldn't see them playing that low, or on that day.

Fleet Foxes are a very weird choice for that NME tent day. I'm not sure they'd fit in.

Justice are way way too big to headline Dance.