£rd Headliner - Place your bets ....

Guest GTG

I did mention the I'll Be Your Mirror thing a few pages back.

I wouldn't call it a festival......but then I don't know that I'd make a fuss of someone being a "festival exclusive" if they were doing something like that.

I'm still sticking to my "it is PJH, it is PJH, it is PJH, it's not The Decemberists, it's not The Jayhawks, it's not The Polyphonic Spree" mantra......so as to manage my expectations!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get the overwhelming sense of disappointment the Latitude attendees seem to be expressing. That looks like a pretty stellar bill to me. Lots of stuff I would see and would welcome at EOTR. If they don't want The National, Suede, MMJ, Bright Eyes, Deerhunter, BSP etc. I'll gladly take them.

I'm so over Blind Pilot, I had Three Rounds and a Sound in 2009 and really liked it, so was excited when they were doing live dates, finally.

Saw them as a support for Surfer Blood and was hugely disappointed, they're still doing the songs off that album with only two new songs as new material. What a let down, I've spent nearly three years listening to that album and they hardly had anything new.

I did mention the I'll Be Your Mirror thing a few pages back.

I wouldn't call it a festival......but then I don't know that I'd make a fuss of someone being a "festival exclusive" if they were doing something like that.

I'm still sticking to my "it is PJH, it is PJH, it is PJH, it's not The Decemberists, it's not The Jayhawks, it's not The Polyphonic Spree" mantra......so as to manage my expectations!

Edited by perfectpassion

So today's the day, my little chums. Frankly, I have lost all sense of where I am with this now! I am fairly certain that the third headliner is going to be no-one I had thought of. I will be unfamiliar with them other than a passing knowledge, and will then explore their catalogue, falling madly in love with them to the point that my entire EoTR experience will be based around my excitement finally to see my new-favourite-new-band live!

Or it could be Grinderman.

Ben

MORNING EVERYONE!!

:) Thanks Ben, I hadn't noticed! You will be catching me up soon. I think I'm with Shoeboex on the fact that it could be someone we have not even considered, however Ryan Adams (thanks Cortezuk) is a possibility as without him we would not be here. The first EOTR had hardly sold any tickets until Simon & Sophia managed to scoop RA and the rest they say is history.....

Edited by perfectpassion