£rd Headliner - Place your bets ....

Guest GTG

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My darker side is tickled pink by that Latitude line-up! Although I love Latitude (I really do, you know -especially the combination of brilliant music and even more brilliant dance arenas that allow me to go mental until 4am...ARE YOU LISTENING,EOTR?!), as I can't go this year I didn't want to see loads of artists listed that I would just love to see. And then there is the issue of the 3rd EoTR headliner and so who might have been precluded with tonight's (well, this morning's. let's be honest) announcement. And so I am selfishly pleased that of the list announced there are only three acts that I am genuinely jealous about and would love to see/have seen at EoTR this year:

Bright Eyes

British Sea Power

Everything Everything

This sets Friday up rather nicely...

Ben

Absolutely IJ. I think EE are a bit too 'popular' now and their management will be looking for a bigger and more mainstream exposure than EoTR, even though personally I see them as pretty leftfield. I am quite surprised at their apparent 'mass' popularity - I pompously see them as a little too difficult for most. Straightforward 4/4 indie pop-rock they ain't. Saying that, my 13 year old who likes all colours of crap is really getting into Everything Everything, so ol' Dad is doing something right.

BSP, however, are an archetypal EoTR band and a late Garden set (pre-headline) or Big Top headline would be very possible. Announce that, along with Polly, and I'm spent!

Ben

B)BSP did play 2008 Ben, so there is a chance they might come back..... Personally although I like PJ as I like Alela Diane, some people/bands are just a bit boring live....So I want s band, that is going to be FUN (but not FL yawn), and loud enough that I cannot hear stupid drunken girls talking over!!!! Adam Green was lovely last year, so if they have something along the likes of him, D&K, Okkervil River,Decemberists, Calexico, Richard Hawley, Low etc I will be happy. ;).... ok so Low aren't exactly "fun" but they were excellent a few months ago

Edited by perfectpassion

B)BSP did play 2008 Ben, so there is a chance they might come back..... Personally although I like PJ as I like Alela Diane, some people/bands are just a bit boring live....So I want s band, that is going to be FUN (but not FL yawn), and loud enough that I cannot hear stupid drunken girls talking over!!!! Adam Green was lovely last year, so if they have something along the likes of him, D&K, Okkervil River,Decemberists, Calexico, Richard Hawley, Low etc I will be happy. ;).... ok so Low aren't exactly "fun" but they were excellent a few months ago

Interesting call on Monsters of Folk - though they haven't got enough material of their own, they could always throw in a few Mystic Valley/BE/MMJ/M Ward choons to flesh a set out.

I got the new Peej album at the weekend and on first listen I wasn't convinced at all. It sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom with no amplification. Ok it *was* recorded in a church, which lends it the ethereal atmosphere, but I just thought it sounded a bit weedy and reedy, especially with Peej's recent predilection for soprano vocals, which I'm not sure is her best range. However, it did improve on second listen this morning so maybe there's hope. Unlike what Ben said, I couldn't see anyone who doesn't like Peej's usual output being instantly won over by this album, unless they're fans of Danielle Dax.

Interesting call on Monsters of Folk - though they haven't got enough material of their own, they could always throw in a few Mystic Valley/BE/MMJ/M Ward choons to flesh a set out.

I got the new Peej album at the weekend and on first listen I wasn't convinced at all. It sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom with no amplification. Ok it *was* recorded in a church, which lends it the ethereal atmosphere, but I just thought it sounded a bit weedy and reedy, especially with Peej's recent predilection for soprano vocals, which I'm not sure is her best range. However, it did improve on second listen this morning so maybe there's hope. Unlike what Ben said, I couldn't see anyone who doesn't like Peej's usual output being instantly won over by this album, unless they're fans of Danielle Dax.

Who wants to do the maths and work out if we're expecting much more of the main bill to be announced? They said this would be their last "major announcement", but I'm not sure if it's liable to be the headliner and no-one else. Obviously there's still the Local and unsigned bands to be announced, but what of the main bill?

You know who's not playing any UK festivals at the moment? The Hold Steady!!

Edited by shoebox