• Massive Attack
    • Groove Armada
    • Bloc Party
    • Franz Ferdinand
    • The Prodigy
    • The Flaming Lips
    • Pet Shop Boys
    • Orbital '10

I loved Ian Brown (thought the Other Stage sounded spectacular that night) but Orbital 2004 is my fave.

HOWEVER.

How in the name of sweet jesus on the sherbets is Iggy not f8cking rinsing this poll? Efestivals massive?! Im am embarrased to know you.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first half, I didn;t attend. I just guessed that Orbital 02 would've been pretty sweet.

Second half - Flaming Lips. It was just totally perfect. PSB were ace last year too, but they were better at Primavera the month before. Iggy was amazing, but Wayne et al just pip it for me

Strictly from TV as I haven't seen an other headliner performence :P(and if i had it would be last years) but:

Chemical Bros 04 looks just amazing in footage, and well being a massive Franz fan and looking at that performence it looked golden, I also stayed up watching it that night on TV. Vintage Franz.

OH YES!

I know youre a massive FLips fan Russ. But youre also an anarchic SOB. You of all people have to appreciate the sheer bewildering genius of Iggy's (appropos of nothing, natch) Real Cool Time / No Fun / "I can't stand this bullshit any more! Get up here! Take over!" :lol::blink:

What followed (300 people dancing on stage / bring back the Wispa) is Glasto folklore as far as I'm concerned. Bloc Party be damned - this was history!

Much more interesting than the Pyramid one this

My thoughts

PSB for me, just really enjoyable. Maybe not objectively the *best* gig, but for me, the right people around me, an amzing setlist, great visuals, yeah, everything I wanted from a gig

Orbital: Nah, stick their 94 gig up, and that's probably thr best time I've ever had at Glastonbury in all the years I've being going, certainly the most memorable set I've ever seen, but 2004, well lets be honest, some of the edge, the immediacy the feeling that we're part of something new and special and defining, well, that had gone.

Iggy. Yes, can absolutely understand what Wooderson is saying here, i just don't buy the Iggy shtick these days. I saw him at the Feile in, hmm.. '93 and it was laughable. I kind of see it, but for me, Iggy is an indoor act, a sweaty steamy club, not a raise your hands up under the stars type of thing. And the stage invasion? carefully planned. Not a spontaneous rock and roll moment. But that's Jim Oesterburg, he's a tremendous actor, and fair play to him. He literally puts on a great 'show'. I love some of the Stooges stuff, but there's something about their live act nowadays that leaves me a bit cold.

For me nothing really beats The Chemical Brothers at Glastonbury ever - so that is my choice in both.

However - 04 - I was at Oasis - what a stupid decision! The only thing that makes me feel better about this is not being one of the people who chose the Prodigy over Blur! Rationally, my learning from the Oasis debacle should have taken me the other way, but my instincts were improved in 09!

07 - I was there, I was upright, and I apparently appeared completely fine, but I have no memory of anything whatsoever after the 20ft clowns head! The set ended, everyone turned away saying how blinding it had been, and I was thinking "...but I don't understand, they only just came on..."

I think I am basing my decision on how much I loved them in 2000 - which had it been in the Pyramid poll would have been my hands down winner for the first half of the decade.

For me nothing really beats The Chemical Brothers at Glastonbury ever - so that is my choice in both.

However - 04 - I was at Oasis - what a stupid decision! The only thing that makes me feel better about this is not being one of the people who chose the Prodigy over Blur! Rationally, my learning from the Oasis debacle should have taken me the other way, but my instincts were improved in 09!

07 - I was there, I was upright, and I apparently appeared completely fine, but I have no memory of anything whatsoever after the 20ft clowns head! The set ended, everyone turned away saying how blinding it had been, and I was thinking "...but I don't understand, they only just came on..."

I think I am basing my decision on how much I loved them in 2000 - which had it been in the Pyramid poll would have been my hands down winner for the first half of the decade.

Firstly, who the hell voted for Panic At The Disco? Is that the only performance you've ever seen by any band?

Secondly, Razorlight, same questions as above!

Thirdly, I'm finding all this love for Robbie Keane a bit weird (he's been nicknamed "Pointy Shouty Bloke" or "PSB" (because all he does is point and, er, shout. A lot.)). When did he headline? I reckon he'd be lucky to be second on the Avalon these days!!!

Edited by jimmyt

Although i didnt vote for them as my 'FAVOURITE'....I was there at the Panic At Disco headline slot and I actually really really enjoyed it!

Admittely the slot was way too high for them so I'm not sticking up for the choice of them headlining the other stage, however for those who where there, and for people that are fans of the band it was actually a pretty good show. Nice little singalong, chilled out....

Not saying it was amazing, far from it, but it was decent...and im proud to own up to being there :P

Although i didnt vote for them as my 'FAVOURITE'....I was there at the Panic At Disco headline slot and I actually really really enjoyed it!

Admittely the slot was way too high for them so I'm not sticking up for the choice of them headlining the other stage, however for those who where there, and for people that are fans of the band it was actually a pretty good show. Nice little singalong, chilled out....

Not saying it was amazing, far from it, but it was decent...and im proud to own up to being there :P

It's an odd way of splitting the choices. The two best Other Stage headliners in the last decade in my opinion were Iggy & The Stooges and Massive Attack, yet the way this poll has been constructed means that I can only vote for one of them and have to include someone who wasn't in my top two. :unsure:

It's an odd way of splitting the choices. The two best Other Stage headliners in the last decade in my opinion were Iggy & The Stooges and Massive Attack, yet the way this poll has been constructed means that I can only vote for one of them and have to include someone who wasn't in my top two. :unsure: