Third Sub-Headliner

Guest mrtourette

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you THINK will sub-headline?

• 30 Seconds To Mars
    • Lostprophets
    • Franz Ferdinand
    • Soundgarden
    • Pixies
    • Beastie Boys
    • REM
    • Tool
    • Gorillaz
    • The Offspring
    • Other (please specify)
  2. 2. Who do you WANT to sub-headline?

• 30 Seconds To Mars
    • Lostprophets
    • Franz Ferdinand
    • Soundgarden
    • Pixies
    • Beastie Boys
    • REM
    • Tool
    • Gorillaz
    • The Offspring
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latitude was our second choice for a long time but we won't be going there this year because my girlfriend's graduation is that week, although we don't know an exact date yet so it could be possible.

In all fairness, hype surrounding Latitude for this year has been more or less dead - I haven't heard a peep from anybody really - no rumours of bands - and anything I have heard has made me doubt the general 'feel' of the place anyway. The impression I get from the place is that it's a mixed bag of w*nkers - middle class toff 'lads on tour' types, an influx of a new audience of chavs, and kids who have been dropped off at the gate and left to run riot for their first weekend away from mummy and daddy.

The impression I get of the place is that it's getting much, much worse as a festival.

Latitude was our second choice for a long time but we won't be going there this year because my girlfriend's graduation is that week, although we don't know an exact date yet so it could be possible.

In all fairness, hype surrounding Latitude for this year has been more or less dead - I haven't heard a peep from anybody really - no rumours of bands - and anything I have heard has made me doubt the general 'feel' of the place anyway. The impression I get from the place is that it's a mixed bag of w*nkers - middle class toff 'lads on tour' types, an influx of a new audience of chavs, and kids who have been dropped off at the gate and left to run riot for their first weekend away from mummy and daddy.

The impression I get of the place is that it's getting much, much worse as a festival.

A few comments from what I have read. Firstly rem are way too big to be sub headliners and have probably sold more records than the rumoured three headliners combined. Secondly elbow are a band who play arenas, they are certain to sub, dont agree with the dizee comparison as elbow are a more traditional indie band that caters more for the fanbase. Thirdly korn would be a good addition but not for subs. I cant really see why they would play higher than limp bizkit did last year.

A few comments from what I have read. Firstly rem are way too big to be sub headliners and have probably sold more records than the rumoured three headliners combined. Secondly elbow are a band who play arenas, they are certain to sub, dont agree with the dizee comparison as elbow are a more traditional indie band that caters more for the fanbase. Thirdly korn would be a good addition but not for subs. I cant really see why they would play higher than limp bizkit did last year.

Im not sure korn are bigger than limp bizkit. Both are way past their commercial peak in the uk, however when limp bizkit were at their peak in the late 90s they were huge. Im not sure what the bands relative single and album sales are over here, but would suspect your average festival goer could name more songs by durst and co.

Im not sure korn are bigger than limp bizkit. Both are way past their commercial peak in the uk, however when limp bizkit were at their peak in the late 90s they were huge. Im not sure what the bands relative single and album sales are over here, but would suspect your average festival goer could name more songs by durst and co.