elbow confirmed

Guest brettredmayne

Grace Under Pressure does has connections with Glastonbury, well I'm going off Wikipedia here:

Their second album, Cast of Thousands sealed their reputation as innovators in UK music. The title is a reference to their performance at Glastonbury in 2002, when they recorded thousands of people singing, "We still believe in love, so f**k you". That recording was featured on the song Grace Under Pressure.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll play 2-3 from Leaders and Asleep I would guess. They've played Station Approach an one or two others on this tour.

But bands which are still recording are always likely to play their newer stuff. Only makes sense. If you're Morrissey then of course your greatest hits will be played. If you are an Elbow fan then you will have seen their old albums toured and would be quite happy for a new set I would guess...

I remember seeing an interview with Guy when SSK came out and he said they wouldn't play One Day Like This and Grace Under Pressure in the same gig as the songs are too similar.

Hopefully he doesnt still think like this as they will never ever drop One Day Like This.

Grace is much more preferable I think.

I'm a newcomer to Elbow pretty much, ignored them for years. Anyway, I quite like the SSK and the new one. Neither of them are world changing, but they're obviously decent enough. Anyway can't really understand the disappointment in the new one. It's them doing what they do. Ain't no different, can't really understand the opprobrium for it. What am I missing?

I'm a newcomer to Elbow pretty much, ignored them for years. Anyway, I quite like the SSK and the new one. Neither of them are world changing, but they're obviously decent enough. Anyway can't really understand the disappointment in the new one. It's them doing what they do. Ain't no different, can't really understand the opprobrium for it. What am I missing?

Not sure, I'd like to think they'd give the whole "let's tour the latest record to death" mantra a rest and play a well-rounded set considering they are subbing the Pyramid Stage and will be receiving massive coverage but I doubt it.

I'll be looking at the festival set-lists in the run-up and deciding between them, White Lies or the Special Guests. I saw them at the O2 and they were magical and the new stuff went down a treat but if it's the same again I'd rather see someone else.

Setlist for Liverpool on this tour, not ALL last two albums;

1.The Birds

2.The Bones of You

3.Lippy Kids

4.Mirrorball

5.With Love

6.Neat Little Rows

7.The Night Will Always Win

8.Great Expectations

9.Grounds for Divorce

10.The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver

11.Puncture Repair

12.Some Riot

13.Weather to Fly

14.Open Arms

Encore:

15.Starlings

16.Station Approach

17.One Day Like This

Setlist for Liverpool on this tour, not ALL last two albums;

1.The Birds

2.The Bones of You

3.Lippy Kids

4.Mirrorball

5.With Love

6.Neat Little Rows

7.The Night Will Always Win

8.Great Expectations

9.Grounds for Divorce

10.The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver

11.Puncture Repair

12.Some Riot

13.Weather to Fly

14.Open Arms

Encore:

15.Starlings

16.Station Approach

17.One Day Like This

My guess is they will drop puncture repair for certain, and I think Great Expectations will go too. When I saw them in london a month or so back, the reception to Great Expectations was quite obviously "what is this song?" from the majority of the crowd (people going off to the toilet, starting to chat etc).

I'm convinced the only song from the first 3 albums will be station approach.]

My guess at the set would be:

The Birds

Lippy Kids

With Love

Mirrorball

Neat Little Rows

Grounds for Divorce

The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver

Open Arms

Starlings

Station Approach

One Day Like This

My guess is they will drop puncture repair for certain, and I think Great Expectations will go too. When I saw them in london a month or so back, the reception to Great Expectations was quite obviously "what is this song?" from the majority of the crowd (people going off to the toilet, starting to chat etc).

I'm convinced the only song from the first 3 albums will be station approach.]

My guess at the set would be:

The Birds

Lippy Kids

With Love

Mirrorball

Neat Little Rows

Grounds for Divorce

The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver

Open Arms

Starlings

Station Approach

One Day Like This

Heh I think Neat Little Rows is one of the better songs on the new album!

If we could swap With Love for Powder Blue, and get rid of Open Arms (I loathe this song!) for Grace Under Pressure then I'd be a happy man.

Not gonna happen of course but I can dream..

I know people who think "With Love" is great but I have to admit I think its gash. Im that weird Elbow fan that thinks both "Open Arms" AND "Grace Under Pressure" are dreadful cack.

Was it "Newborn" that Guy played solo on acoustic? I'd add that to the set. Also "Ribcage". Being greedy I'd actually finish on a downbeat, with "Some Riot" after ODLT.