I Have Been Told The Headliners and Subs

Guest fishman17

Just looking at their Facebook page and reading various posts it does look as though they will have a new record out this year so I guess its probably plausible this time around as they would have something to promote. It would prob be the only way they could headline Reading as well doing it on the second stage as they have been 2nd from top three times before and throw in a 3rd from top in 1996 as well so its obvious to say that prob won't headline the main stage.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still if you reckon they'll headline then you're most probably right, you know more than any of us lot or those who claim to be "in the know" anyway!

I'm not certain that they'll headline and never have been - but it is the case that I got their name as a headliner from two different sources, both of whom have a proven history of getting accurate info for these sorts of things. As I've always said, because of these sources, I think what I've been told is more likely to be right than wrong.

And while there's a lot of MCR haters posting here, it's still the case that they're a very popular band, more than capable of headlining - stuff like them recently winning NME's best album, for example.

If/when I get any further info which I believe to be good, then my views might change on who the headliners are. But as things stand, what the OP of this thread has said conflicts with stuff I've heard from various directions - and as I know my own sources and their history of being right and where their info has been sourced from, my belief is obviously more with my sources than with an anonymous person who has posted here who has not said where his stuff has come from.

But I'm not so daft as to think my sources could be wrong and this poster could be right. I'm dealing with unofficial stuff, after all.

agreed 100%, I'd rather MCR headlined to be honest, at least thats something different and showing some balls.

Also if Strokes clashed with Offspring I'd be gutted, Strokes are the only (rumoured) mainstage headliner I have any interest in :lol:

And while there's a lot of MCR haters posting here, it's still the case that they're a very popular band, more than capable of headlining - stuff like them recently winning NME's best album, for example.

You say that's contrary to what you've heard from one of the bands. I presume you mean MCR, but does that mean you know that the Prodigy and Beastie Boys are definately playing?

your presumptions are wrong.

Word I'm hearing about the Beasties is that one has cancer and they're not playing shows, but it's possible that info is out of date.

The most up to date info I could find was this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12126581

Dated January 6th - says:

Speaking to Radio 1's Zane Lowe, Mike D said: "It's still delayed - the first one. The second one is coming out as originally scheduled."

He added that Yauch's all-clear following his illness was "a good thing" and that "we're really happy about it".

With regards to touring Hot Sauce Committee II, he said the band was "open" to that suggestion.

"We're still going to have to see how he's [Yauch] doing."

The most up to date info I could find was this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12126581

Dated January 6th - says:

Speaking to Radio 1's Zane Lowe, Mike D said: "It's still delayed - the first one. The second one is coming out as originally scheduled."

He added that Yauch's all-clear following his illness was "a good thing" and that "we're really happy about it".

With regards to touring Hot Sauce Committee II, he said the band was "open" to that suggestion.

"We're still going to have to see how he's [Yauch] doing."

Edited by jump