Re-Sale

Guest Liam_G

Does anyone know the percentage/number of overseas tickets sold by any chance? Only, if it's quite high and they all live in Ireland, Greece or Portugual where their economies are even more stuffed than ours (for the time being anyway - although it won't be long before dave moron does his bit to get us down there with them i'm sure) there may be alot of returns as, i'd imagine, it's quite a financial undertaking to come to Glasto' from overseas?

Well i was on the computer from ticket opening time till try sold out. Got in the que once about 20 mins before it sold out.

I was in Greece at the time as well so missed out on a day in the sun an still didn't get a ticket.

Brought myself and the missus iow festival tickets as a partial replacement but now they have announced pretty much all the acts and in my view barring the headliners

is a fairly poor lineup i have decided to sell these and hope to get a ticket in April.

Could be because the news of Coldplay and Beyonce have been all over the press the last week or so, but although it's common knowledge that U2 are friday Headliners there hasn't been that musch publicity around it?

It is U2, has to be, doesn't it?

Does anyone know the percentage/number of overseas tickets sold by any chance? Only, if it's quite high and they all live in Ireland, Greece or Portugual where their economies are even more stuffed than ours (for the time being anyway - although it won't be long before dave moron does his bit to get us down there with them i'm sure) there may be alot of returns as, i'd imagine, it's quite a financial undertaking to come to Glasto' from overseas?

Somehow I doubt many people travel from Greece.

I was in Spain when I bought my ticket and I got it with relative ease.

Has anyone got evidence, as in a URL, to the rumours floating around that 750,000 people applied for tickets in October, i dont believe this for a second. Everyone i know who attempted to buy a ticket in October was successful.

If this is true, come the resale you are looking at 600,000 people attempting to purchase a rough estimate of 20,000 tickets, not great odds?

Well I was on Orkney with a reasonable connection, and a friend was trying from home with her reasonable connection and phone. Neither of us got even a glimpse of purchasing. Actually saw very little of the queue page.

Last year I got through on the October sale with no worries, and a friend got her ticket in the resale. 2009 I got a ticket within minutes of the resale. This year the only people who I know got tickets were team buying and one of them got lucky.

We are sorted now, but I couldn't handle the idea of not even getting tickets in the resale.

Oh and my first Glasto was 2009 for Springsteen. I enjoyed him, but he wasn't the highlight by any stretch. I loved it so much I have no intention of missing another if I can help it.

Maybe a few U2 fans will have their eyes opened as well.

Well I was on Orkney with a reasonable connection, and a friend was trying from home with her reasonable connection and phone. Neither of us got even a glimpse of purchasing. Actually saw very little of the queue page.

Last year I got through on the October sale with no worries, and a friend got her ticket in the resale. 2009 I got a ticket within minutes of the resale. This year the only people who I know got tickets were team buying and one of them got lucky.

It's the case that people are either lucky, so tend to think it's comparatively easy - or they're not, and think the whole thing is a bitch.

With more people wanting tickets than there are tickets, some are going to lose out. That's just how it goes, how it has to go.

There's no special tricks, there's no secret method. You're either one of the lucky ones or you're not.