Primal Scream

Guest elfimaju

They do have a habit of closing tents off due to overcrowding when they are half full at TITP. I remember having loads of space around me when they stopped letting people in during primal scream one year. However I do agree they are too big for the JP.

Would love it if they did play. Not really wanting to pay to go see it at the SECC.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the numbers to see them when headlining Reading last year suggests different, but I recognise that they'd do better at Glasto.

But the simple way of doing it is this: Are they as big a draw as U2?

Not a bleeding chance - they'd be very lucky to get an audience that was 1/4 of the size as U2 will get.

They were absolutely brilliant at Olympia doing Screamadelica, a really amazing show and easily in my top three gigs of all time (which also includes Blur at Glastonbury!). Gospel singers and a brass section, just what you need for the likes of "Come Together".

Edited by Kowalski

No way are White Lies big enough yet to headline the Other Stage, and I quite like them. Could possibly be third down/sub that stage though.

Primal Scream

Chemical Brothers

Underworld

What about Panic at the Disco ! , a few years back !

I reckon with one number 1 album from 2009 and poss Ritual as well , they may think they are big

enough and we no Eavis likes to throw in a curve ball now and again - Coldplay 2002 remember , who

had only 1 album and had yet to release Rush of Blood - and they got a Pyramid slot !

;)

Edited by MEGABOWL

My source who shared with me the Primal Scream tip tells me that the Chemical Bros are nailed on for the Saturday on the Other Stage and......wait for it.............drumroll...............negotiations are advanced for The Libertines to headline Sunday as one of a maximum of only two summer festival shows. This would suggest that the Pyramid Stage headliner on Sunday must be pretty big (probably a bigger draw than Pulp - who I love - would be)? :ph34r:

My source who shared with me the Primal Scream tip tells me that the Chemical Bros are nailed on for the Saturday on the Other Stage and......wait for it.............drumroll...............negotiations are advanced for The Libertines to headline Sunday as one of a maximum of only two summer festival shows. This would suggest that the Pyramid Stage headliner on Sunday must be pretty big (probably a bigger draw than Pulp - who I love - would be)? :ph34r:

Very good source - gets lots of insider stuff because of the job he does (can't say what) but usually for events run by the big promoters e.g. he told me about Pulp at Wireless weeks before it was announced and got most of the Isle of Wight announcements right before they were public. However one of his longstanding contacts is now working helping the Glastonbury team negotiate with the larger acts, which is where his info comes from. He reckons Primal Scream and the Chems are 99% certain to happen and the Libs is 50/50.