Rewards for weight loss

Guest Katster

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-1 for spelling 'lose' wrong. i think i'm going to put instructions of how to spell 'lose' into my sig. gives me perma rage :P

have a +1 lucy! someone else feels my pain.

someone on facebook uploaded a picture of their sister under the title 'LOOSER'. if only i was able to comment on it and tell her who the actual loser was. it winds me right up!

I spell lose, loose all the time. I'm not lazy or dyslexic and it's something i've spelt wrong for a long time (my mum has always had to correct me when i've spelt it wrong). Hey ho, it's one of those things that i get wrong. Doesn't make me a thicko.

Seeing it on FB is a right rile up isnt it? And there isnt even a dislike function. Heyho. Oh well. There's forgiveness for dyslexia but laziness and inability to notice you cant read or spell properly is another thing. You cant tell me that when reading a book or article, people cant distinguish between the two words and therefore recognise there is a typo or grammatically incorrect sentence?

But saying that, I have been noticing a far higher amount of newspaper typos recently, both in the papers and on the websites. Tish tish.

Edited by feral chile

A rather amusingly apt typo.

cant1    /kænt/ Show Spelled

[kant] Show IPA

–noun

1. insincere, esp. conventional expressions of enthusiasm for high ideals, goodness, or piety.

2. the private language of the underworld.

3. the phraseology peculiar to a particular class, party, profession, etc.: the cant of the fashion industry.

4. whining or singsong speech, esp. of beggars.

–verb (used without object)

5. to talk hypocritically.

6. to speak in the whining or singsong tone of a beggar; beg.

Seeing as you're criticising people and fell victim yourself to whatever law that necessitates anyone correcting someone else's English to make an error in that correction.

she's not really fell victim to the same law. she's spelled it right, just forgotten the apostrophe.

all that's needed for people who spell 'lose', 'loose', is to think of the other tense. 'lost'. they would never spell that 'loost' would they? so why would they think 'lose' has an extra 'e' too?

she's not really fell victim to the same law. she's spelled it right, just forgotten the apostrophe.

all that's needed for people who spell 'lose', 'loose', is to think of the other tense. 'lost'. they would never spell that 'loost' would they? so why would they think 'lose' has an extra 'e' too?