• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A rather amusingly apt typo.

cant1    /kænt/ Show Spelled

[kant] Show IPA

–noun

1. insincere, esp. conventional expressions of enthusiasm for high ideals, goodness, or piety.

2. the private language of the underworld.

3. the phraseology peculiar to a particular class, party, profession, etc.: the cant of the fashion industry.

4. whining or singsong speech, esp. of beggars.

–verb (used without object)

5. to talk hypocritically.

6. to speak in the whining or singsong tone of a beggar; beg.

Seeing as you're criticising people and fell victim yourself to whatever law that necessitates anyone correcting someone else's English to make an error in that correction.

Edited by _rachelbon

i appear to have lost weight although i haven't been on a diet and have been exercising less because i've been off work.

rexclark said a while ago that he thought i looked slimmer but i hadn't noticed. just tried on a pair of trousers i bought about 3 months ago and i couldn't get them past my thighs at the time, they fit now and there's a wee bit of room!

i suppose just by being at home all day i've been eating less. i start a new job on monday but i'm not putting the weight back on, it'll be salads for lunch :D

i appear to have lost weight although i haven't been on a diet and have been exercising less because i've been off work.

rexclark said a while ago that he thought i looked slimmer but i hadn't noticed. just tried on a pair of trousers i bought about 3 months ago and i couldn't get them past my thighs at the time, they fit now and there's a wee bit of room!

i suppose just by being at home all day i've been eating less. i start a new job on monday but i'm not putting the weight back on, it'll be salads for lunch :D

Keep in mind that calorie counting is still a flawed method when doing it. Say you eat an apple and a pack of sweets and they both say they're 20 calories (I know that is wrong) on the packet when it is actually the apple is 10 calories & the sweets are 19 as the more processed the food the is easier it to digest where as something like the apple is raw and takes up more energy to digest.

You can also try eating things like curry, chilli etc. which will increase your metabolism and use up more calories.

i tried on a dress in mid november to wear for a party on the first week of december and the zip on the back wouldn't do up and it was sooo tight around my theighs it was disgusting. I was really gutted because it fitted over a year and 3 months previous to that (but i had pilled the weight on).

Tried it on last week and it fits again!! I was so pleased! It's a great feeling!

I'm the opposite to you, if i'm at home, all i want to do is eat!

Edited by _rachelbon