Rewards for weight loss

Guest Katster

I have been put in charge of a "fit/fat club" at work for people who are trying to lose weight. Next week we've got our first 'weigh in' and I wondered if anyone here might have any advice on what prizes I can give to people who have lost weight? It can't be anything very expensive (especially if most people lose!!) and obviously something like a cream cake is not ideal :lol:

Any ideas?

Anyone else trying to shed some pounds this year??

I want to lose 2 stone and have already lost 4lb in 10 days :D

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and people try to blame it all on genetics and conditions. most fat people are just f**king stupid!

Edited by LusciousLucy

WTF? Lovely sweeping statement there. Do you want to go and play in the selfish ungrateful people thread too?

Don't be a silly fecker.

There is more than just one reason modern life is getting fatter, the list is endless and there just is not the time to go into every single reason why some people are slightly overweight, some are obese and others are morbidly obese.

Stupidity may come into play for a very small percentage but that is bad behaviour to say every single person who is not a stick insect, is stupid because they most certainly are not.

I think he was mostly joking, and to be fair, about the lady in question, he's correct. Of course some people are overweight due to genetics and such like :)

Katster - is it imperative that you give prizes/rewards?

Surely there is enough reward in just having some weightloss happen.

I've never joined one of those sorts of classes so wouldn't really know if this is the practise although I have some vague recollection of a sticker in a book my mum would get from Weightwatchers (whoopdidoo).

I've always liked the example I saw once on a tv show of the amount of weight a person wanted to actually lose represented by the relative amount of bags of sugar (1 kilo each) in a pile. Basically as the pile of sugar bags went down and are removed from the pile with each kilo lost, it was a visual representation that really struck a note. Trying the lift the amount of sugar bags too at the beginning seemed to be a good start. That way the person realises just how much excess weight they are carrying around.

Admittedly I would rather not think about even visually how many 'bags of sugar' I want and need to lose personally but it's a good trick all the same.

there was this woman who was convinced she had a slow metabolism and she blamed it on that.

so she had a test. came back that she had normal metabolism so she was clueless as to how she was so overweight.

so she was told to record her eating for a week. turns out she was undercalculating her calorie intake by nearly 50%.

she was fat cos she was thick as pig shit and either forgot to add foods she'd eaten or was ridiculously over portioning.

anyone who asks 'what's in it for me' for having to pay for a weightloss 'class' is clearly, thick as f**k! and would indicate to me why she got overweight in the first place.

don't get your knickers in a twist.

Edited by feral chile

And often quite sadly there's other factors involved - depression, a disorder, a simple inability to recognise that there is a weight problem and so on.

Not to mention the simple fact that our modern lifestyle and what we have access to eat in the western world does not help waistlines.

I'm trying to lose weight as well. Though not with a specific diet. I'm just eating less food, and making use of my heavily discounted membership of my uni gym. Lost 5 pounds since the start of the year, trying to get off another stone and a half hopefully before my holiday in April.

My main motivation for losing weight is to make myself look better - easier to get women that way. I'm not sure I really understand the prizes for weight loss thing, but massages or beauty products sounds like a winner to me.