Sonisphere

Guest Red_Devil

Andy copping has missed out again......This is my first post post so be gentle...Download has lost me this year to Sonisphere who have pulled out all the stops and landed the BIG 4 and Slipknot...okay not really botherd about Biffy Clyro but it sure beats Linkin Park and SOAD...!

Metallica were under a contract with Sonisphere, nothing he could do about trying to book them, Metallica were contracted to only playing Sonisphere for the first 3 years

Slipknot, they only headlined last year.

So can't really see what your point is?

Have a good time at Sonisphere, can't see why you've posted it on Download board?

I don't understand why when people see a festival with acts they like they have to moan about another festival, just go to the festival you like? Im well happy with the Download line up so far.

Andy copping has missed out again......This is my first post post so be gentle...Download has lost me this year to Sonisphere who have pulled out all the stops and landed the BIG 4 and Slipknot...okay not really botherd about Biffy Clyro but it sure beats Linkin Park and SOAD...!

When Metallica are the best out of 4 bands you know its gotta be a shower of shite (I await the backlash :lol:). I don't think Download have really missed out here personal preferences aside, all of the big four have played Download alot in recent years, booking them again, even all 4 together, would be unimaginative.

Not when it was the plan all along. Metallica signed a three year deal with Soni, it was obviously they'd be back again before the deal ran out. If they weren't booked that would have been daft when the deal was already signing, would be throwing money away

Even so it is a bit lazy.

Im taken back that sonispere have got the big 4

Not that much bothered about Metallica but Download without Slayer is a big loss

I think AC must have something in the bag surely (it better not be TOOL as a headline act)

If so anyone wanting to buy 2 RIP tickets..

Download need to anounce more acts fast or loose out on ticket sales to sonisphere

Give us OZZY,RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS,FOO FIGHTERS or another big hitter

Remember Soni is essentially a 2 & a half day festival so having 'The Big Four' play the Friday when Alice Cooper headlined it last year is pretty impressive. To put in into context, there were sold out cinemas across the country with people just wanting to see a gig with these four bands playing together! If it's not a big deal for you personally it doesn't detract from the fact that for fans of heavy metal music, this is undoubtedly a big event.

Since the announcement I've thought that Biffy were a good booking. The only British rock band selling out arena's that haven't been elevated to headline status (Biffy @ Soni this year is the same as Slipknot @ Download last year). We're waiting for further announcements but I think I may go to Soni for the 1st time next year.

If we've learned anything from this years fest it's that you can live or die by the undercard. Yes, headliners are what creates the buzz but the undercard are the meat & bones of the festie. I'm just interested to see who Download announce next (I'd put a tenner on Pearl Jam being the final headliner)?

If we look at this years Download headliner's objectively you have Linkin Park coming off the back of an album that's been slated & the SOAD reunion that could easily go either way? They were tremendous when I saw them on the 'Toxicity' tour but their final appearances were reportidly shoddy & we still don't know if Darron's clean? Realisitcally you could get a LP set that's new-stuff heavy & a SOAD set from a band going through the motions to get paid before going off & doing their own things?

For the life of me I don't know why people are still putting RHCP in their wishlists??? The recent output is sh!te, Frusciante's quit & they're absolutely dreadful live. Why would anyone want that? It's like having a top chef saying he'll cook the meal of your choice & ordering dog sh!t on chips.

For the life of me I don't know why people are still putting RHCP in their wishlists??? The recent output is sh!te, Frusciante's quit & they're absolutely dreadful live. Why would anyone want that? It's like having a top chef saying he'll cook the meal of your choice & ordering dog sh!t on chips.

Still download for me, and I grew up in the peak the thrash era, my first gig was anthrax on the among the living tour. The big 4 isn't that big a deal tbh and the fact that anthrax and tallica have played the festival 5 times between them in 3 years is dull.

And the format at soni is shite. Bring on download.

I do believe copping needs something very special to announce next time, cos ticket sales are gonna be big for soni pretty early on.

When Metallica are the best out of 4 bands you know its gotta be a shower of shite (I await the backlash :lol:). I don't think Download have really missed out here personal preferences aside, all of the big four have played Download alot in recent years, booking them again, even all 4 together, would be unimaginative.