Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me explain:

Woo-woo consists of one part vodka one part peach schnapps two parts cranberry juice, I know on the face of it that does not sound that good, however I promise you it is much greater than the sum of its parts. It is lovely long drink that has a kick. I bring it on site ready mixed in 5 litres bottles (20 litres this year), we gave 5 litres to our friends who gravely underestimated the power of what on the face of it seems like a refreshing Pimms type drink, one of them was later found asleep under an ice cream van.

Turbo woo-woo consists of one part vodka one part peach schnapps one part cranberry juice, and is of course much stronger and tastes it. I carry about 500ml around with me at all times, in case I need a quick "sharpener", especially useful if there is a long queue for the bar. I gave my mate a bottle on the Thursday with the words: "you want some fruit shoot?" he gladly chugged about a quarter of it before he released what he had done :)

Edited by Charley333

Hahahaha I was just about to post the good news too!

Chances of that hitting us on the Tuesday and hanging around for a week?

Let's hope this is a sign of things to come. Am i right in saying a year to the day that last years forecasts started getting more and more positive?

;)

Hahahaha I was just about to post the good news too!

Chances of that hitting us on the Tuesday and hanging around for a week?

Let's hope this is a sign of things to come. Am i right in saying a year to the day that last years forecasts started getting more and more positive?

;)

This is an early breakthrough but we can't let our guard down now, we need to fight harder than ever, this next seven days is CRITICAL. It's progress but the earlier days could still be a lot better.

NFC NFC.

NFR NFC.

SCORCHIO.

Edited by Porcelina

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/69820-glastonbury-gfs-update-8th-june/

Summary

Mixed Signs today from the models, with 06HZ going for a wet start to the festival, and 12Hz keeping it mostly dry with a few showers, neither forecast have temps that much to write home about.

I promised to start doing a scale between washout and dustbowl, I know that the scale was washout to heatwave in previous years, but I think this new scale is the main criteria. If you want it changed back I can do so very easily.

On this scale of 0=dustbowl and 10=washout I would so for a 6, there has been consistent signs that the festival is likely to see some rain, probably falling short of a washout, and there is still time for things to change. This is based on a general feeling of the charts to date rather than todays models. I also think that temps are likely to be cool for the time of year as well, probably around the mid (possibly to high) teens.

* For these forecasts, I will give the temps as suggested by GFS, and not inflate to account for GFS generally underdoing inland temps in Summer.

New Update from JACKONE