Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

blimey you were being serious werent you???! thought you were joking. No. it isnt looking at all like 2007 and actually its looking rather nice all in all. light showers weds. maybe some on thurs too. most likely really quite pleasant for the rest of it. Lighten the heck up, your negativity is not welcome! :P

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it's swinging more to showers rather than prolonged rain. There will be a mix with sun as well so I really can't see a repeat of 2007.

Definitely more 08. Possibly 09 if the positive weekend forecast returns which is still possible...

For saturday latest GFS12Z has a fairly good day, getting pretty warm, and a possible risk of showers midday. Another big load of rain comes in off the atlantic but heads north and dumps it's load all over scotland. Phew. I'm enjoying this, does it sound like I know what I'm talking about?

I'd say it's swinging more to showers rather than prolonged rain. There will be a mix with sun as well so I really can't see a repeat of 2007.

Definitely more 08. Possibly 09 if the positive weekend forecast returns which is still possible...

Absolutely, the high pressure could ridge up from the south and settle things down nicely.

Alternatively we could end up with rain, but not heavy rain - just a few showers causing a bit of stickiness that soon drys out with the footfall and intermittent sunshine.

On the other hand, it might go completely wrong and hammer down repeatedly from Wednesday onwards. Or it might not. Hence it's all to play for.

GFS12Z has sunday remaining warm and dry - there is a big fat low over the atlantic which eventually makes its way in on the monday evening and making a mess - if that comes in any earlier could be not so nice on the sunday.

So - all in all no real change with GFS, showers/wind wednesday morning, showers/rain thursday, showers possible friday - then inproves.

How muddy the site will be by then is anyone's guess.

Is it still all to play for though? At this late stage?

Really?

Ive checked ALL the weather forecasts today and most say theres rain everyday in some capacity.

Just looking at the facts thats all!

Hey, I think its just time someone called it! People are en route to the festival as we speak! Its time to decide, there is no more time for speculation and hope!

Edit - Retraction!! Metcheck show a little bit of rain Wednesday and then rain free for the weekend!! Let go with that!! B)

More good signs: about to hop on a Boris bike to meet up for a pre-festival pint when the heavens opened. Got the bus instead and what's right under my seat? Lucky penny!

I'm feeling better and better about this (just sorry I don't have anything technical to contribute)