Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember there being a horrifically windy glasto? Or any other windy festival? I know Benicassim had a pretty shocking year, with what my friends described as a tornado but I dont know of any others.

I only ask as I sit in work, and it sounds like our roof is about to collapse, actually, has collapsed a little. Oh how i love Monday......

Guest blackcockerel

I've definitely been at windy ones but that's usually with rain and the rain is more memorable, but not in a good way obviously. I saw a min-tornado, I think in 2005, at Glasto.

Nearly got thrown off my bike earlier because of the wind, and had to pedal excessively hard to get down a hill because of a headwind. Not impressed!

But in the festival world:

I thought I remembered Reading 2009 having little tornadoes of dust, which stank of what I call Reading Grime (that horrible smell near the bins at the food court just outside the arena). Not terribly pleasant.

Oh, and this is my first contribution to this thread this year, keep up the good work team - NFR.NFC.

As far as I can remember, only vaguely memorable wind of recentish years was on the Wednesday in 2004. Most tents were able to cope with it though, only saw a few flying across fields and that's because everyone was in the process of setting up.

Jaysus what is wrong with people on here? I wonder how many of those asking for 'a bit more cloud cover' were there in 2005 and 2007. With cloud comes the possibility of precipitation. We want it even more German if at all possible. Buy a hat, buy some suncream and spend a ton of money on bottled water.

NFR. NFC.

Jaysus what is wrong with people on here? I wonder how many of those asking for 'a bit more cloud cover' were there in 2005 and 2007. With cloud comes the possibility of precipitation. We want it even more German if at all possible. Buy a hat, buy some suncream and spend a ton of money on bottled water.

NFR. NFC.