Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good ole TWO - and the unisys charts support TWO, which is good. BUT b4 then huge amount of rain on fri and then more before tues.

so will be wet and muddy underfoot for a while next week before it all compacts and is good. fingers crossed.

Edited by jezzer

Just read from page 135 to now. What a carry on! Nasty Neil and his swear fest. I just want to say if it does r**n then we know that it is due to the lack of positive thinking and pictures of germans. You cant argue with facts, it worked last year. P.S Neil, you cant call the people you serve dicks. Also i cannot believe you go to glasto with the way you look down on people.

Its lovely to see it all getting back to normal. I reckon shit weather for the weekend and then come the Wednesday we will be basking!!!

Synopsis

During Thursday, a ridge resides over central Europe and Sern Scandinavia ... while a slow moving upper and collocated surface low resides to the W of Ireland. By midday cold front clears the east coast introducing an unstable/showery returning Pm airmass from the west.

... E EIRE, E WALES, MIDLANDS, N, E + SE ENGLAND, and E SCOTLAND …

Increasingly cold air aloft following cold front clearing east coast Thurs AM will steepen lapse rates which, along with surface heating, will contribute to weak to moderate instability by the afternoon, with 200-800 j/kg CAPE suggested by GFS across central and eastern England and E Ireland/N Ireland - where greatest dew points are likely. Therefore scattered thunderstorms are likely to develop - particularly in these areas. Given rather weak vertical shear, no severe weather is anticipated. Any storms will be accompanied by hail, CG lightning, gusty winds and a small risk of localised flooding. Storms should fade after dark.

Harbinger of doom be gone, Twitter and its pesky 140 characters predicts storms, but in the East.

Nope, I've repeatedly said they have nothing to do with the weather.

so stop trying to justify them.

As for sexism, while you want to believe they're not, the posts from as number of women in this thread says they are, as well as me.

Are blokes the best at recognising their own sexism? Nope. There's some food for thought for you there.

Tsss..I have one night away from this thread and come back for my daily dose of positivity and..erm...well.

I hope the weather is nice, I don't seem to be able to find out by reading this thread as it has degenerated into page after page of argument, which just brings me down.