• Iron Maiden
    • Rammstein
    • Kasabian
    • The Strokes
    • Lostprophets
    • My Chemical Romance
    • Aerosmith
    • Other (Please State)

Oasis and Guns n Roses have done nothing to shape music. And you would happily watch a shit performance from a band but then justify it by saying 'well they used to be influential, so thats okay!'? Also, there's nothing making Arcade Fire any less riock and roll than someone like guns.

There's also no need to write quite as big.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oasis were the best band to come out of england after the beatles. guns n roese where massively influential in the mid 80s when slash was cutting thew axls vocals with that gibson les paul. an why because theres no other bands like them. they had soo much ability they made out they just didnt care. an you say arcade fire has anything on them. abousley no chance.

the clash top band no dout about that. just not as good as oasis.why i say beacuse the clash are a punck rock band who do punck rock songs thats it really bit one dimensional wich is harsh but true. were as with liams amazing rock voice an noels amazing sole voice they have alot more dimension wich means they have more ability.

How is it wrong? The only acts that headlined in less than 5 years apart in recent memory is Blur (99 and 03) and Foo Fighters (02 and 05). Other than that you've had Metallica (03 and 08) Green Day (99 and 04). I wouldn't say two acts bucking the trend makes it an unlikely statement. Especially when other fests have repeat bookings all the time.

Edited by Vieuphoria

the clash top band no dout about that. just not as good as oasis.why i say beacuse the clash are a punck rock band who do punck rock songs thats it really bit one dimensional wich is harsh but true. were as with liams amazing rock voice an noels amazing sole voice they have alot more dimension wich means they have more ability.

you agree yet you post stuff like the quote below?

besides you joined a few days back so naturally people will call you a troll.

as for them being "american cock", please enlighten me of some british bands who are bigger than them (not those who have split). most popular bands are American and have been throughout the decades - apart from Led Zeppelin, The Beatles etc. look at the likes of Metallica, Nirvana, Kings of Leon, Pearl Jam etc (yes i know there are more British bands who have been major successes but im only pointing out a few.)

In the 60s, 70s and part of the 80s, it was mainly about the British bands but since then American bands have taken that slot for the last few decades.

You may not like these bands (tbh i dont like some myself) but they are better than you make them out to be.

also @ the comment about where does it leave rock now - all this indie shite thats taking over which gets arselicked by NME and Radio1 isn't exactly doing rock music any good. it just generalises all rock and gives the impression that these bands who don't jump on the bandwagon are shit, which they are not. its more the other way round, i mean - oasis & coldplay were two of the bands who started this nme indie shit bandwagon which has been continued by so many bands looking for quick commercial success. older bands have stuck to their guns and kept going to what they started - again Metallica - if they wanted commercial success they would have softened up a lot.

anyway to my predictions:

out of these few:

Foo Fighters

Iron Maiden

Green Day

The Strokes

Soundgarden (unlikely)

Kasabian (said they would take time off from touring but if the right incentive got to them...)