drink system

Guest richardashcroft

You can't take any of your own in (just in case you weren't aware of this) and it runs on a cash system. Just go up to any bar and pay with cash, none of this token bollocks. Think it'll be about £3.50 a pint but someone else may be able to correct me?

If you want to experience rip off prices then go to the O2 in Greenwich.

At least when you buy a pint at Reading some of the money will end up going to charity as the Volunteers staff wages will be paid direct to the organisation they represent.

At the O2 none of the money will end up being used by good causes.

quite agree, I got a bargain meal deal for £9! Consisted of very small portion of thin chips (about 15!), small hotdog the kind Ikea sell for 35p, and a kid size cola. Rip off is an understatement for Wembley stadium, you're actually being mugged, especially considering they are ruthlessly strict on how you can't take any drinks including or food into the stadium. I seem to remember the pints of poor lager were £6 :blink:

I work in the WBC village and we don't use a deposit system but I am sure it used to be 20 pence although what it will be this year is all up in the air.

I also recall there was minimum restrictions as to the amount that could be handed back so please check the board before trying to queue up.

At Latitude on the Monday { where cups had a £ 2 deposit } there was loads of people in the queue with a few cups even although the sign stated the minimum number was ten cups - as far as I know there was no restrictions on other days but as its not my department so its always best to double check.